Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Weight watchers?

Has anybody done this while bfing? I'm only 3 weeks postpartum but I am hoping to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. I haven't been able to get any exercise yet. I just don't want to do anything to mess with my supply, but I know they do make allotments for nursing moms.

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
Meredith+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight watchers?

I've been successful with the nursing moms' program at Weight Watchers twice, and I plan on starting up again after my new guy comes along.

I would definitely wait until you're at least six weeks out at a bare minimum, preferably 8-12. Eat all your points, follow the Good Health Guidelines, and remember that your weight loss should average between .5 and 1 lb a week after the first few weeks. Slow and steady wins the race!
Meredith+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #3
Basilsmommy
Registered Users

I follow it and have since 4 weeks pp. I did have to tweak my points though. I found that if I ate all of the BF points they gave me I wasn't losing but if I did half of the extra points I would lose successfully. I didn't have a problem with my supply starting WW even though I had before I started. I am careful about what I eat with my points though making it a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables with very little to no processed food. I think what you eat with your points makes a difference in your milk supply.
Basilsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #4
Jenn+5
Registered Users
seller

I love WW and I agree with the pp. I wouldn't eat quite as many extra points unless you are exercising alot too. I am also a firm believer it matters more what types of food you put into your body at any time.
I would google Tosca Reno if I were you and get started that way then move to WW. My just eating clean you will lose weight the healthy way! Sugar is our bodies enemy.. and better for BF too
Jenn+5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Basilsmommy
Registered Users

Oh I LOVE Tosca Reno. I get the Clean Eating magazine and have her cookbooks. I follow a lot of her recipes and track the points with Weight Watchers.
Basilsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mommas! I will google Tosca Reno. I am very interested! DH is wanting to eat more healthy, too, so it would be great for him to benefit, too!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
kej
Registered Users
seller

I tried it after dd and my pediatrician suggested I stop b/c I wasn't creating "skim milk" instead of whole and dd has stopped gaining weight. I also just wasn't losing weight. I waited until she'd started solids and wasn't soley dependent on me, and was then very successful.

It works for some, but not for others while bf'ing. I hope it works for you, but if not, just hang in there.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Bethannp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did it when I was nursing ds1, I waited until he was 6 months old though.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #9
momma_saracm
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for this info - didn't know WW had a variation of nursing moms! I recently tried the 30 day shred - OMG it helped allot -- but I can't do that all the time!
momma_saracm is offline   Reply With Quote