Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #61
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much do you pay a MONTH for child care?

Rural WI (about an hour outside the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area). I pay an in-home daycare $3.5/hr plus a $2/week laundry fee.

Advertisement

swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #62
SylvieP
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I live just north of Toronto, Ontario

I have three kids, 3 yrs and 1yr and 1yr in an in home day care with two workers. They are provided breakfast, lunch and snacks.
The hours they go vary as I have a 7 week rotating schedule at work but it works averages out to 200$ so 800$ a month for all three.

Twice a month they go an extra full day which my parents pay for so I can catch up on sleep for when I work evenings and get some housework done or errands that I don't have time to do on my lunch breaks. These extra days are 140$ a month.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #63
Clare378
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolicmomma View Post
I'm shocked at what some of you mama's are paying!!

DS's Sunday School teacher watches DD, 85/week 340/month, and DS attends a private christian school for 295/month. DH just got a new AWESOME job though that will eventually give me the option to stay home!! Thank God!!!
I'm in Lynchburg, too.

We've got ours in a small at-home daycare, although my oldest got into pre-K this year so I only pay over school breaks. Younger one is $95 per week, older one over breaks just got reduced to $75 per week.
Total during the school year: $390 per month
During summer: $690 per month

Last year before pre-K, I was paying 95/week each or $780 per month.
Clare378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM   #64
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in Canada and have a 5 year old in half day kindergarten and a 4 year old. My kids attend from 8-5, 5 days a week and they walk my 5 yo to and from school. They also provide snacks that are all fresh, no processed junk. I pay 600/month but get a huge staff discount the actually price would be $1500/month and that is a decent price.
There is a huge shortage of quality childcare so the price is outrageous. However the government does subsidize on a sliding scale based on income
Old 05-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #65
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

In KS home daycare is 125-175 per week per child and center daycare is 250-300 per week per child.
elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #66
kotzally
Registered Users
seller

Yes seriously how do you afford to work??

My husband and I both work full time. We in a rural area in central MO. I pay $20/day for full time and then $7/day for after school care. Approx. $1000 a month now which is 2 in full time and one in after school. Once the baby gets here, I will have 3 in full time and one in after school. By the time I am done paying daycare for the month, I will have less than $200 left.

Granted I am a school nurse so obviously don't make good money but how in the world do people pay 700-1000 per child? Is the standard of living that much higher in those areas?
Mom to an ornery one born 12/16/04, my second cutie born 1/23/07. And beautiful boy #3 born 6/22/09 Expecting a GIRL Sept 1st!!!
kotzally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:07 AM   #67
MelDM
Registered Users
Formerly: newmom
seller

My Mood:
I am on mat leave now but when I was working we paid $1500/month for our girls (3 & 4). That is quite cheap for our area (northern Alberta, Canada). When it was only DD1 when I was in school we paid $1083 for just her. But wages are high here, as is cost of living. We are currently living in a 840 sq foot bilevel we paid $500,000 for.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Mama to 3! Brooke (4), Katie (3) and our newest addition, Ryan born 3/5/2011!
MelDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #68
lopedylo
Registered Users

lopedylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #69
bartstew
Registered Users

Central CT: $215/week = $860/month
My daughter is almost 3 and goes to home daycare from 7:30-4:30 with 4 other LO's 3 days a week and another LO twice a week. Since I am a teacher, she doesn't go and I don't pay for the 2 months in the summer.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #70
mimieliza
Registered Users

My kids go to a daycare center in Oregon (not Portland or suburbs, medium-sized town). I work Thu-Fri-Sat, so my two kids (ages 1 and 4) are in care all day Thurs and Fri. My four-year-old also goes all day Monday since she enjoys it so much and benefits from the preschool curriculum. I pay $935/month (3 days/week for DD and 2 days/week for DS). It is about half my income. It is worth it, though, since I have an awesome work schedule that I do not want to give up. Our childcare costs will go down significantly when DD goes to kindy and DS moves out of the baby/toddler classes, which are more expensive. So I am counting down the months until September 2012!

Our center includes breakfast, lunch and snack, and they provide formula when needed. They are open 6:00-6:00. My kids are usually there from 8:00-4:00. DH drops off and I pick up.

Last edited by mimieliza; 05-14-2011 at 06:44 PM.
mimieliza is offline   Reply With Quote