Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
tam826j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
35 weeks and breech:( UPDATED!

This is baby number five and NEVER were any of my children breech at this point. I am freaking out. My midwife works under an OB and she says if baby doesn't flip, their course of action is c-section...I say no freaking way! I have never even had a stitch from my babies and I really have no intention on entering into a major surgery. Our birth plan was to labor and deliver in the water at the hospital birthing center with my husband, sister, oldest daughter and doula. I have been so excited about this birth and the great support that I have. I am praying that she flips on her own or if they turn her that she stays. If not, next week I will be calling a homebirth midwife who is experienced in breech vaginal deliveries. I have no clue where we will suddenly come up with the money for it and I am super stressed Please pray this little girl gets into position and soon!

Advertisement

Last edited by tam826j; 04-29-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: update:)
tam826j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 35 weeks and breech:(

sorry mama she still might turn.
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry mama, I hope she turns! Mine is sunny side up and I'm hoping he turns...not as "bad" as your situation, but this is almost an exact repeat of last time, and I had to have a C/S.
Have you checked out Spinning babies.com? There are "exercises" you can do to try and get them to flip...might not have enough time, but it's always worth a try!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can they try to do an external cephalic version? It is not a guarantee that the baby will stay turned but some mamas have luck with getting baby in the right position just before birth. If not, I hope you can find a homebirth mw that has experience with breech births. I know in my area, homebirth mws are limited and the care providers definitely have a lot more experience with c-section than breech birth (some have probably never attended a vaginal breech delivery) and I honestly might be more comfortable letting them do that. Thinking of you!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #5
COgle3
Registered Users
seller

I was told I would have a c section at 34 weeks when my daughter was breech. I tried everythig to get her to flip, then at 35 weeks I went swimming in a Luke warm pool during the only cold front in south FL this past winter. I did somersaults under water, hopped to dive down and she flipped. It was very bizarre feeling her turn! She was sunny side up when I went in to labor twice and was given meds to relax and stop my labor. It was horrible having contractions and such slow progression. I lucked out that crawling helped her face in and give me a quick labor. Good luck and def try swimming! Everyone I know that's tried it, it's worked. Oh and my daughter was huge for my belly and measured ahead and she still was able to flip at 35 weeks!

Sew Love For Love
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewloveforlove
COgle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgle3 View Post
I was told I would have a c section at 34 weeks when my daughter was breech. I tried everythig to get her to flip, then at 35 weeks I went swimming in a Luke warm pool during the only cold front in south FL this past winter. I did somersaults under water, hopped to dive down and she flipped. It was very bizarre feeling her turn! She was sunny side up when I went in to labor twice and was given meds to relax and stop my labor. It was horrible having contractions and such slow progression. I lucked out that crawling helped her face in and give me a quick labor. Good luck and def try swimming! Everyone I know that's tried it, it's worked. Oh and my daughter was huge for my belly and measured ahead and she still was able to flip at 35 weeks!
Neat story I hope this will work for OP!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
tam826j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You guys are awesome, thank you for your suggestions! On to spinning babies and swimming lol! They are going to check her again next week and if she hasn't flipped they are going to do the ECV. My doula (who is amazing!) let me know that the OB above my MW is awful at them and doesn't know what he is doing. I have an appointment with a doctor she told me about that has a very good success rate with it. I am hoping it won't come to me delivering at home but the MW that does do breech babies around here is highly recommended by my doula. She has attended a breech delivery of hers. I would rather deliver as planned and just hope this baby is being stubborn...she is so darn active, lol! Thank you all for sharing your stories and suggestions
Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #8
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sorry momma...I hope she flips for you!

Can I suggest (if this is an option) seeing a chiroprator twice a week from now until end of pregnancy? I have nothing but good things to say about them being able to get babies into great positions by massages out tight tissue and are great at palpating uterus to see where that baby is at all times. This is my first pregnance seeing a chiropractor...I have NEVER had a baby that would engage...my water always breaks before labor even starts and their heads are stuck on my far right side (not near cervix at all) and can't get over my pubic bone onces they are like diagonally laying. (This is my 4th babe)....anyways, started chiro at like 32weeks....and this babe was of course over in the same corner diagonally...I'm now 38wks. and he is head down in the middle like he is supposed to be.

Sorry to ramble...I really think it might help!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
shreck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 4th baby turned breech just a couple of days before delivery after being head down the whole pregnancy. I ended up having him at home breech with a mw, and it turned out to be a fast and fairly easy labor/delivery considering. He was over 8lbs and still had room to flip that late in the game.
shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #10
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

see a CHIROPRACTOR by next week. baby will flip fast with the websters technique. works wonders with posterior babies too.