Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 35 weeks and breech:(

DDC- Mine was breech the entire pregnancy and I had a breech version done at 37 weeks and it was a success. He has been head down since then and I am getting induced on Monday.

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #12
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom View Post
see a CHIROPRACTOR by next week. baby will flip fast with the websters technique. works wonders with posterior babies too.
And find an accupuncturist to do moxabustion. It has great success rates!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #13
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I've been reading on this because I'm 34 weeks and this baby is still moving from transverse to vertex to breech and back almost daily. In previous pregnancies (this is my 4th baby), the babies were head down by this time. But supposedly the more children you have, the looser the muscle of the uterus or something, so that the baby has more "slack" to move around than previous babies.

I've been seeing a chiro (just for hip/pelvic adjustments, she doesn't do the webster technique as far as I know) which I did for my other pgs and I'm hoping that eventually, as the baby starts running out of room, he or she will settle in head down like the others did.

As for the Spinning Babies site, I had some luck with their inversion, almost immediately. Until I started doing inversions daily about a week ago (30 seconds at a time) the baby would never be in an up-and-down position at all, only sideways. So at least the baby is starting to spend time in birth appropriate positions!

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
MommaBeach
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 36wks today with B/B twins, and Baby B JUST turned head down 3 days ago. GL! I'll keep my fingers crossed baby gets into position before you deliver!!
MommaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second the inversions, swimming, and chiros. My last babe turned at 35 ish weeks on his own after doing inversions. I would do them about 3 times a day or so for about 5 ish minutes if I could stand it lol. Your baby is smart, mama. She'll figure it out!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #16
mommaRNluvs7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to have a version with my 4th baby because she was breech. It was successful and she was delivered vaginally the next day. I hope your LO cooperates.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #17
tam826j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much everyone I really appreciate all the kind words and the words of encouragement! I just keep thinking positive thoughts and telling her to turn, lol!
Old 04-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #18
CHoney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Mama,

I'm 37 weeks today, and my little guy is a footling breech. They don't deliver those in my community, so I'm hoping he will flip if he's able to!

So far I've tried the inversions, acupuncture, chiro, swimming (and doing somersaults and flips), and hypnobabies...but he seems really stuck!

My midwife referred me to an OBGYN this Friday to talk about ECV and c-section. My first birth was pretty easy, so I wasn't expecting any problems with this one. I'm crossing my fingers he'll flip and I can still have a home birth.

Sending your baby turning vibes.

ETA~ You can also try lying in a warm bath and put an ice pack on the baby's head to encourage it to move where its warmer. Good luck!

Last edited by CHoney; 04-26-2011 at 04:47 PM.
CHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #19
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Mama,

I'm 37 wks, 5 days and baby is still breech. Well, breech/oblique depending on her mood. She was totally head down at 28 weeks and for some reason decided to turn at 30 weeks and has remained mobile and anything but head down since I have excess fluid too, so that doesn't help.

I went to the Chiro (Webster/Moxa trained) on Monday and baby moved from breech to oblique. I have an OB appt tomorrow, so we'll see what baby's up to then and discuss some options then.

I hope your baby turns and gets head down & ready!!

Last edited by Mommy2Zara; 04-27-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Mommy2Zara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #20
CHoney
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mommy2Zara - I hope your appt went well today. That's great your baby moved from breech to oblique. I have also been doing moxa, and it definitely makes the baby wriggle around. My midwife called today and said they can do the ECV this afternoon. I'm a bit nervous, but I hope it works. My little guy used to be head down, because I remember getting kicked in the ribs! I guess I shouldn't have complained about that.

Last edited by CHoney; 04-27-2011 at 01:40 PM.
CHoney is offline   Reply With Quote