Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #1
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help me decide

So currently I'm renting a BBII and a baby hawk from Heavenly Hold (awesome mama btw)...I just got them today an had enough time to try them on for a few minutes. But only with my hefty 1 1/2 y/o dd. I already see some likes and dislikes for both...tell me some of your likes and dislikes..

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
2LittleAngels
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help me decide

I have never tried a babyhawk, but have a different mei tai. Sometimes I like a SSC (BBII) over a mei tai as they can be a little faster for me. I like the BBII or other SSC best for when I'm out and about so I don't have to deal with long straps hanging on the ground when out and about. I also tend to prefer a structured waist for longer term use as I feel it helps distribute the weight of the baby to my hips and away from my shoulders better.

That said, there are others out there who prefer a mei tai over a SSC any day. It's just a matter of personal preference.
2LittleAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

I have a toddlerhawk that I use with my 2.5yo and love, I can carry him for hours in it. Even though you can supposedly use the babyhawk for a long time, I think the longer body of the toddlerhawk offers more support.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies I know its personal preference but I just want others likes and dislikes too so I know other things to consider
Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Len27
Registered Users
seller

I loved the headrest on the BH. I also loved it for front-carries, especially when DS was a little dude. We ran into some snags when I tried to switch him to a back carry, mostly because I couldn't get it tied right to take enough pressure off my upper back. I feel like we *almost* had it right if I could do a sort of chest clip tie, but then I was nearly out of strap to tie with.
I loved the patterns and the way it looked though. I think we would have got it with some tweaking, but it wasn't quite right for us. I have SSC and woven wraps (and ring slings) and to me, the mei tei combined the worst things about the wovens and the SSC. I mean, they also combined the good aspects as well, but it wasn't enough support for me to have all those straps dragging all over the place- I can get a more secure feeling carry with a woven, and a faster carry with my ergo, so that was the end of the BG for me.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVEEEEE my toddlerhawk and used it to lug around my 16 month old for the past 10 months...she loved it, my back loved it, and my 4 yr old 45lb ds loved it...in fact he wanted to be carried in it just today...so i said sure...althoguh he was quite heavy on my back, he did def fit there and it def supported him! i still am an advocate for it.
i also think a ssc is good but for later...like 2ish...because its faster and i think frequent nursing has slloowwed down a lot by then (i find it easier to nurse in a mt than an ssc.)