Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I need a miracle, please pray!!!! NEW PRAYERS NEEDED!

Hi all, I am in need of a miracle right now. I was offered a job as an assistant manager at taco bell, which sounds great and dandy, except I have 4 kids, one of which is a nursing 1 y/o, and I am 8 weeks pregnant and very, very sick. And it's 50 hours a week. BUT, I can't see how I possibly can do that.

Dh would have to be a SAHD and take care of the kids. DD has never been away from me. Even when i was working she was with me. She still nurses at least 6 times a day. I am so sick i can barely function these days, let alone work 50 hours a week.BUT we are struggling so bad. Are currently on cash aid and food stamps and my WAHM etsy store. We are barely surviving, so i feel I HAVE to take this job..BUUTTTTTT....

Dh is an alcoholic. He is currently sober but that doesn't mean much to me right now. He got a sponsor, is working the steps, is doing good, but I don't trust him to be fully dependent on him taking care of the kids. Too many what if's. He's a good daddy, but he's not the mama, kwim? And I don't honestly know if he could handle the stress of taking care of a 1 y/o all day, missing mommy and wanting to nurse, and taking care of the other 3 school-agers, AND stay sober. What if he relapsed? What if he drank while I was gone? What if, what if..I can't live with what if's, i just cant. But at the same time I need my family to have a roof over their head. And at this point, we will be evicted soon if something doesn't change. I'm the mama, I need to take care of them. Dh needs to focus on staying sober, working with his sponsor, working the steps and being productive. Which IMO includes working. IMO men feel a lot of their self worth comes from working. I fully believe it's the way they were designed, and when they are not working, it leads to depression, etc, which I ultimately can see just asking to relapse. i can already see the problems it will cause in our marriage even if he stays sober for good, because I will be resentful he will be with my babies and I can't be, because of the mess HE made.

Ok, another but...Dh was also offered a job today with UPS, with a tentative start date of April 25th. Now here's the problem..he has to pass a background check. he won't pass. Period. he was completely honest with them, but the hiring manager said it's not up to him, if it was he'd have him start tomorrow, but company policy, he has to pass the background check. He said, ya never know, so just fill everything out and cross your fingers.

That's where the miracle comes in. Somehow, someway, I need Dh to pass that background check so he can work and I can stay home with my babies. I feel like this is VITAL. He made this mess, he's got to figure it out (IMO). He's trying, but unfortunately he's sure made a mess of his life.

PLEASE, PLEASE pray that he will pass the background check and they won't take away their offer of employment. I don't even know how that's possible, he will not pass, BUT God can do ANYTHING, and I know that. perhaps they'll just decide to give him a chance. PLEASE PLEASE pray for a miracle. This would truly be a miracle and a prayer answered.

Update:
He didn't pass. I think I might cry. On other news, I still haven't heard back from Taco Bell.

New Prayers needed! I got a call today from a school district for an instructional aid position I applied for. I've applied for many instructional aid positions, but they never seem to hire me b/c I am "too" qualified, because I taught my own class for the last 5 years and am credentialed, which puts me higher on their pay scale. But anyway, I have an interview on Monday! This job would be SOOO much better than Taco Bell. It's still good hourly pay, but only part time. Please pray!

Oh, and Dh is going to go down to the "labor ready" place. I am pretty sure they don't do background checks as it's the type of place you just show up daily and if they have work they send you out and then pay you cash the same day. If not, you get sent home. You have to be there super early, b/c it's like a first come, first serve type deal. So, if you could say a prayer that maybe he'll at least get a few days work before the end of the month that'd be awesome, b/c as of yet we are $250 short on rent for May. TIA!

Advertisement

Last edited by 5PrincessMommy; 04-20-2011 at 10:45 AM.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #2
Rugbyfan
Registered Users
seller

I said a prayer for you and your family. I hope everything works out.
Rugbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a miracle, please pray!!!!

Praying for a miracle for all of you.

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:43 AM   #4
loving my family
Registered Users

I will pray for you and your family "hugs" mama.
loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

Lots of good vibes and mama.

Your DH disclosed all of his prior offenses when filling out the form, right? Sometimes companies do have the ability to make discretionary calls on things like that. I mean, obviously if he was going to work in a vault, and had a prior for robbery or laundering or something that would be an insta-no. But if his don't relate to what he'll be doing, he may just get that pass. Definitely keeping it in my thoughts

If you end up having to do the Taco Bell job, just remember you can trial run it. You can always prepare DH as best as possible to be on his own with the house and family, but it'll be pretty obvious from the get go what he'll have issues with, and you can deal with those as they come

Also, how close is the job to your home? Could you come home for lunch? Or maybe have DH bring the kids by to see you and get a bite to eat on days when he takes them to the park or on an outing?

I would also suggest that as each issue arises for your DH, you try to get him to commit to open communication about it. This is what SO and I have been doing to help him in his recovery, and it's been a saving grace. Any time he has an issue related to us, his DS, family, etc. he brings it up and we discuss what we each think might be a good solution. Then he also mentions it to his sponsor if he feels comfortable that it's not too personal, and gets input as well as updates his sponsor about what's going on. It gives him a FAR better sense of control over things that might otherwise stress him to slip up.

I hope this works out well for you mama You're one of my favorites here
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks He was honest, but he does have a pretty bad record, so idk...As far as coming home, I still have no idea where I'd be working, but you don't get a typical hour lunch. You can take a break or whatever, but not long enough to actually leave.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thoughts and prayers for you momma!
Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prayers, mama, I hope he passed!

When my husband was laid off, I worked 6 days a week. You are right, men are "designed" to provide, and he was miserable, and found something quickly, but was out several weeks of pay from the company that laid him off (didn't pay him for weeks, then went bankrupt). We do what we have to to provide, and somehow God gave me the energy I needed to get through each day.

I'll pray for your marriage as well.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

he's been on multiple interviews but as soon as they see his background they change their mind. But this time it's an official job offer with pay and benefits laid out. I know for a fact UPS does hire felons, because they get a credit. He had to fill out this thing with his parole officers name and number and everything. So I am praying, they will still hire him, because they'll get that credit.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
4littlenorskes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Praying for you mama!