Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Ragababe AIO Review based on Survey responses

Here is an abbreviated version (ha, abbreviated!) of my review of the Ragababe AIO diaper. You can go to my site to get the videos and stats, I just can't embed them in here. I hope you enjoy, this took HOURS and HOURS of work!!!

I recently released surveys for the Ragababe ‘Easy’ All in One Diaper. After numerous calls for survey respondents on social networking sites, blogs, and cloth diapering community forums, we received 30 survey responses

Before we look at the results of the survey, I wanted to provide some basic information on the diaper. You can also see this in the video found below.
The Ragababe Easy AIO is an all in one diaper, which means the soaker is sewn in and the diaper closely resembles the ease of a disposable (no stuffing, pinning, snapping in, etc). The exterior is made of waterproof laminated polyester PUL which makes it waterproof and durable. The sewn in soaker is made of bamboo rayon and topped with suede cloth to wick away moisture and help prevent rashes. Strong elastic in the gussets and across the back hold in messes. The diaper comes in four different sizes: newborn (6-15lbs), small (9-20lbs), medium (14-30lbs), and large (23-40+lbs). The diaper is made of strong velcro that does not appear to curl over time. It also contains laundry tabs to prevent the velcro from sticking to other diapers in the laundry.

Main Findings: Even though there were thirty responses (one of the largest response rates so far), the diaper scored PERFECT in THIRTY SEVEN different categories. The diaper performed best for with chunky thighs and babies with skinny thighs. Everyone felt the diaper was trim, liked by cloth diapering skeptics, daycare worthy, and a naptime diaper. Some people did not think it was a night time diaper and not everyone thought the diaper was worth the price.

Pros of Diaper (asterisks *** indicate a higher frequency of these comments)
easy to use**
cute****
absorbent**
thick waist band*
well made**
easy to adjust waist size
covered elastic for legs
hip looking
adjustable for absorbency
poop comes off easily*
no diaper rashes
trim
Daddy friendly**
Daycare friendly
Option of stay dry or organic next to skin (by laying on liner)
No red marks
No leaks
Made in the USA from fabrics made in the USA
Unique prints
Use for day or night
Dries super fast*
Fits under jeans*
good for heavy wetters, but without the bulk

Cons of Diaper
may be considered pricy for those on a budget*
may have to fasten it tightly to get a good fit on skinny thighs
laundry tabs don’t stick well
still wake up wet at night
not one size*
a little thick between the legs
inner material needs to be stripped every 2 weeks because of Grandma El's rash ointment use - not so often with other brands.

Comments from Survey Respondents
* GREAT customer service
* hanging to dry upside down helps drying time go faster
* If your baby is a side sleeper or fast wetter, lay the organic cotton liner on top of the lining.
* I found with my little guy it was important to make sure the diaper was pulled high in the front so the legs did not leak
* my son turned into a side sleeper so at night the insert is a big help
* I love this diaper, but it is so expensive that I couldn't really recommend it. I don't think it's a great value.
* Lay the inserts in--don't stuff.
* For heavy wetters laying doublers in instead of stuffing them works better preventing leaks.
* I find that stuffing isn't as effective as laying the insert right on top.
* Make sure you give the Velcro a good squeeze on the laundry tab so they don't come undone in the washer
* These diapers are very easy to use
* That these are the best diapers I have ever tried!
* SO important to follow maker's recommendations for fit, and for nighttime
* This diaper is great and I really like the microsuede
* I liked it without the extra liner.

Advertisement

Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:15 AM   #2
nurse&mom23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ragababe AIO Review based on Survey responses

Good Job Mama!
I have used these and I agree with the results of your survey.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse&mom23
Good Job Mama!
I have used these and I agree with the results of your survey.
Thank you!
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
days_fly_by
Registered Users

My Mood:

FUN! I just filled out a bunch of your surveys. You should add one for Mother-ease One Size.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much for filling them out! I saw yours come in. I have my phone set up to where every time someone submits a survey my phone beeps. I swear every beep is like Christmas morning!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #6
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

@days_fly_by: I just posted the Motherease AIO. Thanks in advance for filling it out. Feel free to let me know what else is missing.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
cemetree
Registered Users
seller

ragababe make me mad *LOL* why? because they arent selling right now
cemetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
buttershot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Job I love your reviews and have filled out several of them. RagaBabes are my favorite AIO
buttershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
MegBee
Registered Users
seller

Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your site because you're a great writer! I'm kind of an English nerd. And of course, the information is very helpful. Also, when will the Osocozy v2 review be up? I'm about to order a bunch of them. Pretty sure the hubs would leave me if I bought a stash of Ragababes...just out of our price range for diapers!

Last edited by MegBee; 04-16-2011 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Lol, typos...
MegBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #10
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegBee View Post
Just wanted to say I enjoy reading your site because you're a great writer! I'm kind of an English nerd. And of course, the information is very helpful. Also, when will the Osocozy v2 review be up? I'm about to order a bunch of them. Pretty sure the hubs would leave me if I bought a stash of Ragababes...just out of our price range for diapers!
WOW. Thank you. That means so much.

Unfortunately I have no responses to the Osocozy V2 just yet. It's tough, I want SO BADLY to jump on diaperswappers here and BEG people to fill out surveys, but I know that would be very irritating (OK fine, I know I do it occasionally...I just mean I don't like to do it for EVERY diaper). Hopefully as more reviews are created, more people will fill out surveys. That is my hope. They are so easy to do!