Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
do you make your dc sit in the bath?

my dh is adamant that jonas and micah sit in the bath, as in no standing. i on the other hand think its ok to stand up for a min, but i do see his point. plus, sometimes i need them to stand up so i can wash their bottoms. and i'll be honest, i get tired of telling them, "we sit down in the bath." and then taking them out if they won't stay sitting down. sometimes i want to get a few things put away (dh stays with them in the bathroom!) while they take a bath!

so what is the 'rule' in your house?

oh, they are 17 months.

Advertisement

Last edited by titania; 03-26-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: emphasis
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: do you make your dc sit in the bath?

DD stands up so I can wash her bum and legs but other than that I'd just rather they sit so I don't have to deal with them slipping and falling. DD knows the difference between baths and showers so when I ask her to stand up so I can wash her but she always says "Kara take shower now".
Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #3
snookler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From the time he learned to stand, he refused to sit in the bath. Occaisionally he wants to play with some bathtoys and he'll sit down for a minute so I can wash the bottoms of his feet. Otherwise. he stands and I rinse him with the shower noxxle.

Just wasn't worth an argument in our house.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

They sat except to wash their bottoms. It is a safety issue, even with having a mat in the tub. If they didn't the bath was over(once they were clean). They quickly learned to not stand up if they wanted to play.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #5
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If dd stands up she gets out of the tub. She's 2 now and never stands up so we don't have to tell her anymore. If I remember right by 18 months she'd stopped trying to stand up. We have a nephew that was allowed to stand up in the tub when he wanted and slipped and fell and spit his chin open needing stitches so we don't want to take the risk. We do let dd 'stand' on her knees though if she wants so she can reach the edge better (she likes to cook in the tub).
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #6
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:

FOr me its safety and we dont let mikey stand unless I need to wash him or he is getting out, but we do absoulutely stay in there withhim the whole time he is in the tub because i wanna make sure he doesnt drown!! I will probably stay in there with him until he is about 2.5 yrs old....
Old 03-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #7
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They have to be seated in the tub.. just for safety... they sit.. or I bath them and they get out without playing..... ( my BIL split his face open when he was 3... he has an UGLY scar now
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
mama23boys
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookler View Post
From the time he learned to stand, he refused to sit in the bath. Occaisionally he wants to play with some bathtoys and he'll sit down for a minute so I can wash the bottoms of his feet. Otherwise. he stands and I rinse him with the shower noxxle.

Just wasn't worth an argument in our house.
plus he is far to young to be left alone.
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #9
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Standing is a no-no for my 1 year old and my 5 year old has no desire to stand up in the tub.

However, I always stay in the bathroom when my kids are bathing!! I do leave the room on occassion w/my 5 year old but I only started doing that in the last few months.

(nak)
Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #10
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD is 2.5 and the only time she stays in the bath by herself is if I forget to get a towel before taking her in the bathroom and then I usually have the water draining while I run for a towel. I don't know how old she will be before I let her take a bath alone. Probably after she learns to swim . She sits for her bath and while I wash her hair. She stands while I wash her back and bottom and she washes her tummy then sits again for me to wash her feet. There are no official rules about her sitting for bath time, but I have never found need for official rules as she is always good about sitting when i ask her too. My sis slipped in the tub once and busted her mouth opened, so we have a stuffed waterproof ducky that covers the water spout so she won't hurt herself on it. . . They sell them at Walmart with a ducky that tells you if the water is too hot and a bath toy net that suction cups to the wall of the bath tub for around $10-15. . .