Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 AM   #11
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: do you make your dc sit in the bath?

i want to be clear, i don't leave my kids alone in the tub!! my dh and i both give baths, usually together, but sometimes i leave to get nighttime stuff together, but he stays with them!!

i actually appreciate the stories about split chins and faces (totally not being sarcastic, im serious). it does remind me that accidents do happen, and when we are talking about wet babies and hard surfaces.....yikes. thank you. i will try and be patient and enforce the sit in the bath rule so they learn to be safe.

and yes, we stay with them!!

Advertisement

Old 03-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #12
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by titania View Post
i want to be clear, i don't leave my kids alone in the tub!! my dh and i both give baths, usually together, but sometimes i leave to get nighttime stuff together, but he stays with them!!

i actually appreciate the stories about split chins and faces (totally not being sarcastic, im serious). it does remind me that accidents do happen, and when we are talking about wet babies and hard surfaces.....yikes. thank you. i will try and be patient and enforce the sit in the bath rule so they learn to be safe.

and yes, we stay with them!!
Man, I'm glad you clarified that because I was really worried about you leaving your toddlers in the bathtub!! LOL

I'm glad people have been sharing the split chin, busted lip stories too. I haven't given much thought to really enforcing the sit down rule with DD until I read this thread! Now that I see all the stories I remember it being a big issue with DS, but that was 5 years ago and I've slept since then! LOL

So, thanks for the reminder!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
They sat except to wash their bottoms. It is a safety issue, even with having a mat in the tub. If they didn't the bath was over(once they were clean). They quickly learned to not stand up if they wanted to play.
I agree with this. Sometimes it doesn't matter how many times you tell them to do something... so you just remove them fromt the situation as quicklky as possible.

Then again, my probably isn't worth much because DS can't stand without help... so when in the tub, I just don't help.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:21 AM   #14
mamato3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

they only stand for washing. I'm to afraid if they stand they will slip and fall

mamato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We sit in the tub until the end of bathtime where we stand to be washed up and rinsed off (one at a time) My dd's still like to take baths together and the occational shower (yes we stand in the shower) My ds(who is 3) still only takes baths unless with mommy or daddy) One of my dd's when she was little stood up and before I could sit her back down slipped and hit the spout. It left such a nasty gouge in her poor back and bruised bad (no scar lucky for her) So for us no child who is not old enough to shower alon should stand in the tub area unless I am getting them out. Oh and if you have shower doors on your tub be careful. I have heard scary stories of boys trying to get out on there own and slipping and hurting their private areas
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #16
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
They sat except to wash their bottoms. It is a safety issue, even with having a mat in the tub. If they didn't the bath was over(once they were clean). They quickly learned to not stand up if they wanted to play.
Yes, I let her stand up to get her toys in the tub and then put them out of the tub and wash her bottom, but if she tries again to stand up... Tub time is OVER!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #17
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definatly make my boys sit in the tub. My 5yr old, 3yr old and sometimes the 16month old take a back together and its always important that they sit! I feel the older 2 are old enough to be alone for a short period of time but not my baby. I'm glad you clarified as well, I thought you were saying you left them alone too! I'm really panicky around kids & water, ultra-paranoid and very worried! My kids drowning is probably my biggest fear! Its just so preventable!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
happyhomemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those stories make me think. We let ds 16 months stand but I am almost always holding him with at least one hand. I guess he likes me to play with him so I kneel next to the bath and grab him if he stands and help him do what he wants to do. I may have to rethink this now.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #19
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD always sits, she is 5 y.o. My DS on the other hand loves to stand! I try so hard to get him to sit but is is too tiny to really listen to me. I just hold onto him the entire time.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #20
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

we are a sitting in the tub kind of family here. My DS slips if he tries to stand even with rubber grippy things on the bottom of the tub.