Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #11
KayMMIV
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spacing between kids

lol, reading back it makes sense you as you are probably more interested in how the kiddo reacted.

maybe I got lucky but my oldest was extremely excited about the new baby and we never had the jealousy thing. We talked with him all through the pregnancy plus dh made sure he still got daddy time when he got home and I was very careful to make sure he still got a some mommy time every day.

For the first month or so he really didn't seem interested in the baby after the initial he's here period wore off. Then one day baby had been doing tummy time near where big brother was playing and I picked him up and took him into the bedroom with me to hang clothes and a minute or so later big brother was screaming "MOOOM, MY BABY'S GONE..... MOM! WHERE'S MY BABY." and everything just sorta fell into place =)

Advertisement

KayMMIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
tiffysgot5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol mine are soon to be 18 nearly 13 just turned 6 almost 18 months and 12 weeks as of wednesday. It works out perfectly for us (built in baby sitting) and if I had a choice the last 2 might have a few more months between them but I cant complain because I think its sometimes easier to give them all their special time being in all different age ranges. Good luck mama!

If I have forgotten to leave you feedback send me a PM as I still have post partum baby brain

swaggin for amazon giftcards!! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/plusflve
tiffysgot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #13
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ds1 is 21 months older than Ds2 who is 28 months older than dd who will be 3 years older than the new baby. I like the 2-3 year spacing. My oldest 2 will be in school this fall, so it will be my youngest and the baby for most of the day. I know she'll be jealous. When our cat had kittens she got upset that we were calling them babies. She finally said, "I'm the baby!!!"

Check out my gallery! PM me for YYMN and other knitting needs.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
octoberblush
Registered Users
seller
seller

trying to decide to TTC before or after DH's next deployment.
ISO- the remote. Always the dang remote.
octoberblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #15
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boys are 21 months apart! we didn't really want them that close. we ran out of protection and were to lazy to go get more(it took 1 1/2 years to get pregnant the first time who would have thought it would only take one shot this time)
Now that we have them so close we are going to TTC in July or August! We are keeping our FX that we get a little girl!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

#1 and #2 are 28 months apart, #2 and #3 will be 26 mos apart, so pretty much 2 yrs apart. I love this spacing. I've been diapering continuously without a break for 4+ years so it's not big deal. I don't have the "baby shock" it's just life as usual. It was a bit hard in the very beginning going from 1 to 2 because we were ds's playmates and then we had to tend to his baby sister. He was never jealous though. Once she started crawling and walking they could play together and now they're thick as thieves. They really do love the heck out of each other. When this new baby comes I imagine it will be easier because the older 2 have each other. Anyway, I love the 2 yrs apart. They will be together in school and can look out for one another and we can get them all out of the house within a pretty short period of time, lol. Then dh and I intend to travel the world...
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #17
spacetygrss
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS1 and DS2 are 2 years, 7 months apart. It's a good spacing for us. We plan to go for a 2.5-3 year spacing between DS2 and a new baby again.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #18
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

My little girl will be 20 months when this one comes. For us this makes sense. Like you I was 31 when I had my first, so it's nice to have this one when I'm 32.

I'm hoping that DD1 interacts well and accepts her new sister. She's very sociable so I've got a positive feeling about it.

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #19
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

#1 and #2 are 14 months apart, #2 and #3 are 4 years apart and #3 and #4 are 19 months apart.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #20
CappyNnon
Registered Users

My Mood:

My kids are 4 years and 4 months apart

The pros are that DS can do a lot on his own, use the bathroom, get snacks, play independently, etc, especially while I was pregnant and recovering. When DS is in school I can focus on DD, when DH gets home I can hand DD to him and focus on DS. There's a 2-hour overlap Mon-Thurs after DS gets home and before DH gets home when DS is fighting for my attention if DD is awake and needs me.

I don't really think there are cons because I wasn't ready before now. This is what I wanted so it's perfect for me. Well, aside from the jealousy. It didn't really appear until DD got sick and needed a lot of attention for the last 2 weeks.
We had our 2 and we're through.
CappyNnon is offline   Reply With Quote