Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:
HELP! DD just hit her HEAD!

forgive an mispells I am shaking pretty bad right now, it scared me and I am still scared. She is 17 months and was sleeping in her toddler bed but she woke up and got out of it and fell as she did I think and hit her head on the wall hard. She started to scream and we ran to her. I can't see a mark. It was abotu 5 minutes ago. She is pale. As i took her out of the room she slumped and passed out. It took maybe 30 secs or a minute to get her to open her eyes. She is still pale and wanting to go to sleep. We are trying to keep her awake. How long should we keep her awake for. What do we do? I am afraid to let her sleep.

Advertisement

ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It warrants the er if she became unconscious and was unresponsive or you could not wake her, if she vomits more than once or if she has uneven pupils/pupil dilation.
EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:36 PM   #3
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELP! DD just hit her HEAD!

While I'm sure she's probably ok I would take her in to be seen. My concern is that she lost consciousness. I would definitely not allow her to go back to bed alone.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Absolutely take her to the ER. Bump on the head plus unconsciousness ALWAYS means the need for an ER trip, even if she was already sleepy/tired. Keep us posted Mama!
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
Absolutely take her to the ER. Bump on the head plus unconsciousness ALWAYS means the need for an ER trip, even if she was already sleepy/tired. Keep us posted Mama!
Yup! I did that about her age but on my forehead I had a slight concussion and was in the hospital for a few hrs for observation. I ended up with a huge mark but it didn't come up right away.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #6
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We can't find a mark on her! She has done this stop breathing thing before that I didn't think of until dh brought it up. 2 times in the past (the last time being the week of thanksgiving) she got super upset and screaming so hard she stopped breathing and went limp and we had to take her outside and breath in her mouth. Since there isn't a mark anywhere on her (we can't feel anything on her or see anything) dh thinks maybe she didn't hit her head on the wall but some other body part and since she was half asleep and then he turned on the light (he said when he turned it on she screamed more) that maybe she did the scream and stop breathing thing. It didn't occur to me and I am kicking myself because if I had thought of it I would have taken off her jammies to check for red marks as soon as I got her to wake up and breath.

So I am thinking maybe thats it but I am still worried that she did hit her head and somehow I just can't see/feel anything (she has fine thin hair so easyish to see her scalp) and if I let her sleep she won't wake up Dh thinks we should put her to bed now since its been over an hr. I am a worry wart I know but better safe than sorry? She sleeps in her own room by herself.
ISO/IHA!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 AM   #7
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would still take her to the hospital. Like I said my mark which was a huge golfball sized bump didn't show up for hours. I can't call my mom and ask exactly all the details sorry. I have always been told if there is any question especially with passing out take them in. It could be related to the screaming but it may not. kwim? I am a worry wart when it comes to stuff like that.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Any update?

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We got her to eat some crackers and water and got her to walk around a bit and she didn't have any balance issues (we where trying to remember things to watch for from when we took ds1 to the er a couple yrs ago with a big goose egg from a table corner at my parents). She didn't ever throw up and she perked up a bit. We checked her eyes and they dialated and got smaller just fine. It happened a little before 11:30 I think and we kept her up until 12:50ish. Then I sat on her bed holding her for a while (I don't remember how long, I know I didn't get to bed until about 1:50). I kept telling myself she was ok and I should just go to bed but I couldn't put her down. I had been shaking badly for a while after it first happened and the whole thing made me really nauseous I was so upset and worried. I know dh thinks I over react and maybe I do but my worst nightmare is something bad happening to my babies so I was a wreck

She seems fine this morning. Not a mark on her still. She actually popped 2 teeth through last night bringing her grand total to 6 teeth now. She turned 17 months just yesterday, not what I was expecting to mark the occasion but I know I won't forget it. I am just so glad she is ok. As I kissed her goodnight (which I did at least 30 times I am not even kidding) I told her she had to promise to wake up for me in the morning. Dh woke up and checked on her at least 3 times between 3am and 7am then after that he was afraid to wake her because he knew she would be tired. She woke up around 8. This little girl has been the one to scare me the most! She has had weird rashes, and up all night screaming to where I couldn't get her to settle (double ear infection it turns out but without a fever), stopping breathing several times when she gets super upset over something (once dh was dressing her for bed and she wanted me and her bottle-I was nursing ds2-so she got so upset she stopped breathing and passed out/went pale and limp/scared the crap out of us, then when we where at the inlaw's over thanksgiving I was holding ds2 and she caught her fingers in the lazy susan and since I had the baby my mil picked her up. I had to take her as mil took ds2 so I could rush her outside and breath into her mouth), for a long time if she got upset at bedtime to where she cried for very long at all before bed or at bedtime (within an hr or so) she would throw up a little after going down or as I put her down-no idea why though really), we thought she might have chicken pox or something the day we where supposed to have ds2 so I was worried we wouldn't be able to bring him home! She climbs on everything and has no fear. She is a complete mama's girl even though she adores her grandparent's and her daddy if something is wrong she better have her mama or she will go to pieces! Are all girls like this or just her? My boys antics pale in comparison to the things she does!

Thank you mama's so much for being there for me last night. I was a mess and the first place I thought to turn to for answers was here because I knew a lot of you had been through something similar and had to have info for me from a mothers view point. Thank you for caring about my baby girl.

Here's my monkey

ISO/IHA!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Awww she's so cute. *hugs* Glad to hear shes doing just fine!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote