Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2006, 07:51 AM   #1
daisybaby's Avatar
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: KY
Posts: 323
My Mood:
Need advice!! Induce or not?

Okay, some of you know a little of the story, but I'll recap. I'm officially due September 9th. With my other 3 babies, I've gone 12-14 days early. that would put me at August 30-Sept 2nd. My husband is deploying to Iraq around August 20th. His parents (whom I'm very close to) are planning on coming out about August 15th and staying 2 weeks. I have a couple of friends from church who have volunteered babysitting and to be with me during labor and delivery in case in laws have to leave before it's time. I have wanted so much to try to do everthing natural this time, but as time gets closer, I'm getting much more anxious about how everything's going to work out. I have 2 kids in school on-post and my friends all live 15 miles away and would have to travel every morning to get the kids to school. I'm really considering asking my midwife if I can just be induced on August 28th (I'll be 38 weeks then), so I can relieve my anxiousness, and know that my inlaws will be here then for a few days. So, what would you do??

Advertisement

__________________
[center]Chrissi ><>
Proud mama to Ashley, Jacob, Megan, and Caleb 9/14/06
.
daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
Shannon's Avatar
Shannon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 8,790
My Mood:
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

I would do it...I induced at 38 weeks with my second DD and am fine with my decision. She weighed 7lbs even. I know a lot of people don't agree with voluntary inductions but for us it worked, my baby was healthy and I see nothing wrong with it
__________________
Currently Single mommy to Aspen (7), Chloe (5) and Layla (3)

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
Birdee's Avatar
Birdee
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 395
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

It's a tough decision and under your circumstances I can understand wanting to induce - just make sure you are comfortable with whatever results occur due to the induction.

I really regret being induced even though I was already 10 days overdue and my blood pressure was starting to creep up. DD was just not ready to come yet, she had not really descended enough and the induction just caused contractions, my water to break, 36hrs of labor, and finally a c-section

That being said everyone's situation is unique - just make sure you will be ok with whatever the outcome may be
Birdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
prissygirls's Avatar
prissygirls
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Washington, Il
Posts: 135
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

Tough call, I was induced with both of my girls. The first was because I had placenta calisphation? and the second was because my parents were only available to watch dd#1 a certain week. I regret both, but I am terrible about mother guilt. Your call, maybe try some natural induction first?
prissygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,613
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

is it possible for your in-laws to move their visit closer to the beginning of september or arrange to come back? i'm assuming they're coming on the 15th to be there for their son's deployment, but maybe you can figure something out with them.

personally, i would be anxious about inducing, esp. if it would really only net me 3 days of in-law help, kwim. but obviously that's an issue between you & your midwife.

good luck deciding!
__________________
Katie(31) - Molly (9-30-04) & Allen (3-11-07) ~ Feedback: Old DS PIN Ebay
wbkt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #6
Namaste's Avatar
Namaste

Peace To All Who Enter
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Misplaced New Englander outside of Los Angeles
Posts: 10,112
My Mood:
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

IN that situation, I would. My dd#2 had to be induced at 36 weeks because my amniotic fluid was dangerously low (it had been all during the pregnancy and finally it hit 1.7 - anything below 5 is dangerous). I had not problems at all. Pushed twice, etc.

I would want family near, etc. It is a lot of work to do this by yourself.

Good luck in your decision.
__________________
Susan
Are you ttc? Don't forget your folic acid. Ask me why.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #7
Trishalynn's Avatar
Trishalynn
Banned
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manitoba Canada!!
Posts: 1,290
My Mood:
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

Convienience wise, induction is great, pain wise, its horrible! You don't just get to build up to the stronger contractions, you just get them right away! That makes it harder to do natural. Also my new dd (5 weeks old) has so many tummy problems, I read somewhere that it could be cause she was induced before she was ready to come out. I was induced a week early. On the other hand with my first dd I was induced too and she was fine no tummy troubles outside of a little lactose intolerance. So basically I guess I'm saying do what feels right to you! I felt with this last dd that I/we weren't ready for her to come a week early and I should have stopped the inducing but I didn't, but with my first I was so greatful to have her out lol.
Trishalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
bamamom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,445
My Mood:
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

hmmm, I would def want to have the baby as soon as possible for my dh to be there. just be prepared for the intensity of induction contractions.

i personally wouldnt start out being induced, unless it was a case like my dh leaving...i am too scared of tampering with nature!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:44 AM   #9
momof4's Avatar
momof4
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 710
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

This is really a personal decision. Only you can know how you'll feel about the various circumstances -- losing the chance to have an easier labor that started on its own, vs. having the support network there that would help you through those first days. It would probably help to discuss it with whoever's going to help you with the birth, and see what they have to say. From a medical standpoint, you'll be full term, so that part is OK. Good luck with the decision!
__________________
Linda -- proud mom of Rachel (20), Joshua (15), Elisheva (7), and Moshe (3), and 2 wonderful grown stepdaughters.
momof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:45 AM   #10
marelle4381's Avatar
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,032
My Mood:
Re: Need advice!! Induce or not?

I know the exact situation you are in. My husband and I have been apart since August of 05 because of the military (they wont give us join spouse) anyway he had to come for a class on the 19th of Jan and I was due Jan 8th. They wouldn't let him come sooner then the date of the class (long story).I really wanted him to be there for the birth and was praying and hoping Kaden would be born 2 weeks late (what woman wishes for that) anyway, Kaden was born a week early, My hubby was never there for the birth and didn't meet Kaden until he was 3wks old. So it was the other way around and Kaden wasn't due until 2wks after he was due to leave I would have been induced.
marelle4381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.