Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Lady T
Registered Users

My Mood:
VENT - About ready to just roll up and cry

DELETE

Advertisement

Last edited by Lady T; 12-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Lady T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: VENT - About ready to just roll up and cry

That's a really tough situation. My advice would be go back to the pregnancy crisis center. Although they can't really provide you care at this point, they SHOULD know the right chain of people to talk to to get you the care you need! You can't be denied care (although it may not wind up being the provider you want, you are entitled to something). It sounds like they were helpful with the first part, maybe they can help you out now. I haven't dealt with this situation specifically, but what I do know is that sometimes you just have to know the "right" person to speak with.

I think your next options would be to call midwives/hosptials around and explain your situation. I'm willing to bet SOMEONE will work something out with you. I know very few midwives/doctors who would want you risking your/your baby's health because of finances (after all, you could have something like placentia previa or something you might not know about that could be life threatening at birth). I would make some calls to other people and see if you can get anywhere. If you feel like you are just too emotional to deal with it, could you get your DH on board to make some calls?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

DDC, but I can't read without offering you a . I was uninsured during my pregnancy and denied medicaid and it is not an easy road. Definitely call around. I literally called number after number after number in the phone book, just looking for someone who would work with me. One of the local hospitals where I like has a clinic that will see patients while they wait for medicaid approval. After being denied, I ended up purchasing what I thought was a great discount medical care plan (HORRIBLE SCAM) which gave me a small discount at my long-time OB/GYN, but still had to pay out of pocket :-(. I'm hoping you're able to find someone who is willing to work with you!
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
Lady T
Registered Users

My Mood:

DELETE

Last edited by Lady T; 12-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Lady T
Registered Users

My Mood:

DELETE

Last edited by Lady T; 12-07-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm. Have you thought about a homebirth midwife? I know that they are a lot cheaper overall and will take a payment plan. I don't remember if this was brought up before. I know that my midwife even offers a student plan at the birth center that is pretty cheap. You might call around and see what your options are.

I also agree with going back to the crisis center to see what they think would be the next step. They refer people from there all the time and they may know the right channels. I know it seems hopeless now, but there has to be someone out there who will help you find the right place to be. You are not the only one in this situation and there has to be some options. Hugs. Sorry that you are in this situation. It must be stressful.

I also want to add that I have not had an ultrasound yet and wont for a few weeks. My midwife is checking weight, bp, temp, baby's heartbeat and taking a urine sample. Sounds like you have covered most of that. I had blood work done at my last visit and I forget exactly what that was for. You may want to call a hospital and see what else they routinely check. Are you rh-? That's all that I can think of now that you might want to check for. It would be nice to have an anatomy scan for checking the big stuff like placenta previa and checking baby's growth. I hope that you can find some help.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Lady T
Registered Users

My Mood:

DELETE

Last edited by Lady T; 12-07-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
Ten
Registered Users

My Mood:

You're not a failure at all! Look how hard you're working to get good care for yourself and your baby, and how much you're researching in order to do the best with what you've got! That baby is lucky to have you!

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for prenatal care - but I wouldn't freak out that you haven't been seen in 8 weeks. I've been to 3 appointments so far (I'm 18w), and so far I've just had the blood/urine panel done (1st appointment) and fundal height/heartbeat (2nd & 3rd appointments). Other than that our midwives have mostly asked if we had any questions and offered us some genetic testing (we declined). A couple of my appointments have been 6 weeks apart, and you're only 2 weeks over that!

Keep in mind that an anatomy scan is not necessary to have a healthy pregnancy. 30 years ago they didn't do them except in special cases; my mom only had one with my brother because they were concerned he was twins.

I wish I could help more on the insurance part - all I can do is send good vibes that something works out for you soon.

*we're TTC again and hoping DD1 returns to us!*
"Death can't stop True Love - it can only delay it for a while." - The Princess Bride
Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

I'm confused. So you don't have insurance but you don't qualify for assistance? Is that what you're saying?

If you make too much money for assistance, shouldn't you be able to afford the medical care?

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #10
frenchyloveslarry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittee View Post
I'm confused. So you don't have insurance but you don't qualify for assistance? Is that what you're saying?

If you make too much money for assistance, shouldn't you be able to afford the medical care?
Thats not always the case mama I work full time and so does dh we make enough to get by and have a roof over our head for our family, thankfully we quailfy for medical I think the rules and guidlines are diffrent here in California but we dont qualify for food stamps aid even though we only at this point have about a $60.00 spending limit for a family of 4 for 2 weeks for grocerys does not buy much we manage to get by with help from foodbanks and WIC but its hard when your on that very fine line of almost qualifying but don't.