Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
mom2ls
Registered Users
seller

Soap making

I've been wanting to do this for several years now and just havne't. Any of you with experience have any great beginner's recipes or hints? I'm not looking to sell my stuff, I just want to be able to make a great soap for my family.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My best advice is to run every recipe through a lye calculator - do not depend on a recipe as written or you may end up with dangerous soap. Research, research, research ingredients, methods, and btdt soapers. It has taken me almost 2 years to be happy with what I've come up with, lots of trial and error, and even more reading than I care to admit to lol.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
emhammer0506
Registered Users

Re: Soap making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukawww View Post
My best advice is to run every recipe through a lye calculator - do not depend on a recipe as written or you may end up with dangerous soap. Research, research, research ingredients, methods, and btdt soapers. It has taken me almost 2 years to be happy with what I've come up with, lots of trial and error, and even more reading than I care to admit to lol.
Evelyn - Wife to the best hubby (05/06/05).., Mommy to H (8/4/08) with SPD - sensory seeker and S(12/7/10) with SPD - tactile defensive & possibly sensory seeker! We are a , donated breastmilk , , non-vaxing:, ing, non-circ family!!!
emhammer0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
LoveThyScent
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Soap making

The best site for beginners is miller soap. I can't stress enough to NOT go on youtube to learn, there is a lot of wrong information esp on how they are not using protection. Always wear eye protection, long gloves and a face mask. Always measure by weight too.
LoveThyScent is offline   Reply With Quote