Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
mom2ls
Registered Users
seller

Anyone make their own shampoo/conditioner?

If you do, can you share what you do? I've tried no-poo and just can't do it so I'm looking for something natural that I can make myself at home.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've seen a recipe using avocado pits and another using flax seeds. The Avocado one was in the thrifty forum I think? Just do a search for avocado shampoo and it should come up. The flax seed one I found on google and I've lost the link. I haven't tried either as no poo works for me but when we run out of shampoo I might try one to get DH to switch!

Conditioner I use water/acv. I've also seen coconut oil mentioned.

Last edited by mrsashleyo; 04-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
mrsashleyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
RyahPapaya
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone make their own shampoo/conditioner?

I use baking soda as a wash and acv as a rinse. I ust put around a TBS of baking soda in my hand get it slightly wet and make a little paste. Then I use my fingernails and rub it into my scalp really good, especially the parts the get more greasy than others. Let it sit for a min or two, then rinse out. After that I use a a little acv mixed with water a lavender essential oil as a rinse. I found its best to experiment with the amount of baking soda and rinse until you figure out what fits your personal hair type. I took me a week or so o find a good routine, but it works like a charm now Good luck
RyahPapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone make their own shampoo/conditioner?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supercarrot/3235175470/ here is the flax seed one. I think this would be good if used as a base then add in some all natural soap or shampoo to stretch your shampoo. Maybe try mixing with baking soda and just do your roots?

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1141410 this is the avacado one, similar to what i was saying with the flax seeds.

let me know if you try any.