Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
My Mood:
Possible allergy or just preference?

So we have tried on several occasions to give DS1 (3) peanut butter (usually he asks for some when I'm eating it, not realizing what it is). He has expressed EXTREME distaste for it every time. We thought it was just his age and the texture, so we figured he would change with age. But my 1 year old LOVES it...had an entire PB&J sandwich for dinner.

Is it likely just a personal preference, or could it be an allergy? His bio-dad is allergic to a LOT, so I plan to have him tested soon, just to know, but just wondering what you guys think.

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Possible allergy or just preference?

My MIL HATES peanut butter. Not allergic, just does not like it. Never has. My sister doesn't like it, either. In no form -- not even in a Reese's cup. lol I think if he were allergic there would be a symptoms -- upset stomach, rash, trouble breathing, etc.

I, on the other hand, am allergic to peanuts, and I LOVE them and peanut butter.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Possible allergy or just preference?

I hate everything about peanut butter - the smell, the texture and I will not eat it. I would guess he just doesn't like it and forget it. If is an allergy, you'd have a physical or behavioral reaction. My son will not eat it either but I think its I will not eat it as my husband has gotten him to do it once when I was not around (so its a mama thing).
Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline   Reply With Quote