Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Kanzan
Registered Users
Formerly: col****mama
seller

My Mood:
Crocs?

Do you still buy them for your kids? If not, what do they wear for summer?

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Crocs?

Yep my son loves his. He also has a pair of Keens for when he needs more than the crocs and a pair of water shoes for the splash pad.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love crocs for my kids b/c they are always outside getting dirty & wet & they wash off so well!

they air dry super quick too after washing!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
mommajenn13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep! DD loves them. I'm a shoe addict though, so she has lots of shoes for the summer. (She's 4 by the way). She has a pair of Rainbow flip flops, some old navy flip flops (which are nice because they are CHEAP), some white sandals for church, Keens for when we go hiking, and various other sandals that she has picked out that still fit her from last year (a pair of silver sandals, a pair of gold sandals, and some water shoes).

DS will probably not get crocs until he can walk well (hasn't started walking yet) because they are super easy to stub your toe and fall. He will probably go mostly barefoot (as we all do) unless it's hot or sharp ground, and then I'll find some sort of soft sandals for him. He does have a brown pair of Sea Wees that are soft, but he refuses to wear shoes. Too much fun to pull them off.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 AM   #5
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Yep DS wears them every summer - I love them! My favorites are the little children's ones with the satin stretch for the tops and band... but I think this is the last year DS will be able to wear them
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I personally hate crocs, but I buy the generic ones for DD each summer because they're simple as all get out to clean, and she can put them on easily by herself. I think the Dora ones that her grandma got her last year will still fit this year.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kids won't wear anything else.
Light yet easy. Comfy. Indestructible! Trust me, my 10yo destroys shoes in record time!! Cute & decently priced. Just watch the slides(especially tube slides!) My littlest was wearing crocs & he was on my lap(completely sitting ontop of my lap & legs ontop of mine) We went down the slide and he foot planted on the wall of the slide, stopped us cold. Broke his tibia.
When we went to the emergency room and I told them what happened, the doc asked "Was he wearing Crocs?"
I confirmed he was, and he said that those shoes are so sticky that they see a lot of twisted ankles & foot plant dislocations & breaks in not only kids but adults.
I do believe they even have a warning about wearing them on escalators even.

I still buy them, but we are just really careful about when they wear them now. And slides are single rider objects now.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
brennan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dd's feet are too narrow to wear them, too bad because I think crocs are adorable. For a croc substitute, she wears water shoes from walmart. They're cheap and super cute and fit her great. She also has a pair of soft star sandals.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, my boys all wear them. I love that they are so easy for them to put on and clean up so easily. Also, the indestructible part! They also get a pair of Keens to wear at other times and they are set. (Although I do love the slip on skater shoes so I end up picking up some of them whenever I can get them on sale.)
Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #10
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love Crocs here too! We've bought a pair for DS ever summer since he was 18 months. They're light, he can put them on himself, and they clean up great.

When we need something sturdier, we like Keens.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote