Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
CWHmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, they each get a pair or two each summer and don't wear anything else.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
koalaboys
Registered Users
seller

Re: Crocs?

My boys wore crocs all summer. Love how easy they are to get on/off, and clean so that they can jump into any puddle, stream or mud without worrying about their shoes.

With that said this year I am switching them back to sports sandles since I find that they adjust their running gate to make sure the shoes stay on. Kind of like when I try to chase with Birkenstocks on and I am scrunching up my toes to keep the shoes from flying off.

We will probably keep both for different purposes.
koalaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
stayj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what everyone else said--they're light, they're easy for him to put on and take off himself, and they dry quickly if he wears them into the sprinkler, and they're easy to rinse off if he wears them into the sand box after wearing them into the sprinkler.

Be very careful with crocs and escalators!!!!!
stayj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #14
MyLovely
Registered Users

Nope, they're heinous

Nanny kid wears flip flops to the pool, nice sandals for running around/going out and tennis shoes for playing outside.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
krista_beth
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes
Kids won't wear anything else.
Light yet easy. Comfy. Indestructible! Trust me, my 10yo destroys shoes in record time!! Cute & decently priced. Just watch the slides(especially tube slides!) My littlest was wearing crocs & he was on my lap(completely sitting ontop of my lap & legs ontop of mine) We went down the slide and he foot planted on the wall of the slide, stopped us cold. Broke his tibia.
When we went to the emergency room and I told them what happened, the doc asked "Was he wearing Crocs?"
I confirmed he was, and he said that those shoes are so sticky that they see a lot of twisted ankles & foot plant dislocations & breaks in not only kids but adults.
I do believe they even have a warning about wearing them on escalators even.

I still buy them, but we are just really careful about when they wear them now. And slides are single rider objects now.
Fell down my Mom's front steps and got a serious foot injury (4 broken bones and had to have surgery to repair ligaments - still on crutches). I was wearing Crocs at the time. I honestly don't know if the shoes had anything to do with my fall, but I caught my toe on the top step. Guess I'll never know, right?

That said, ODS and DD both wear them in the backyard since they're easy to get on/off and wash so well. YDS only wears spendy Stride Rites since he has giant blocks for feet - 8.5 XXW at 2.3 years!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #16
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

yes still crocs for the kids - I have one pair that I keep by the door for ME to wear if I need to yell at the dogs or something - but not for going out in public.

I also love the ones with stretchy satin on the top/strap - super easy to get one every time

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes
Kids won't wear anything else.
Light yet easy. Comfy. Indestructible! Trust me, my 10yo destroys shoes in record time!! Cute & decently priced. Just watch the slides(especially tube slides!) My littlest was wearing crocs & he was on my lap(completely sitting ontop of my lap & legs ontop of mine) We went down the slide and he foot planted on the wall of the slide, stopped us cold. Broke his tibia.
When we went to the emergency room and I told them what happened, the doc asked "Was he wearing Crocs?"
I confirmed he was, and he said that those shoes are so sticky that they see a lot of twisted ankles & foot plant dislocations & breaks in not only kids but adults.
I do believe they even have a warning about wearing them on escalators even.

I still buy them, but we are just really careful about when they wear them now. And slides are single rider objects now.
OT- there is a park near my house that the slide is designed to prevent accidents like that now- it's like a butt-wide pole that you slide down with your legs dangled/wrapped around the bottom/sides. It takes a lot of balance but it's really neat.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 PM   #18
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
yes still crocs for the kids - I have one pair that I keep by the door for ME to wear if I need to yell at the dogs or something - but not for going out in public.

I also love the ones with stretchy satin on the top/strap - super easy to get one every time
Yep these are the ones DS wears!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #19
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate them, but yes dd has them. Lol. They are our pool shoes, water table shoes, etc. She also has a pair of fake Keens from Old Navy. Love those.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #20
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD pretty much refuses to wear anything but crocs, rainboots, and ugg-style boots. We usually go generic brand for all of them just because she outgrows shoes so fast, but it lets her have a couple different colors of each, so she's happy Airwalk makes some cute ones that are really similar to crocs, but for kiddos with really fat/thick feet...you can get them at Payless for around $10-$15 a pair.