Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #21
flufflovinmama
Registered Users

Crocs will forever be the summer shoes for my boys. They can put them on by themselves and I don't have to worry about how many puddles they want to jump in. Don't ever leave them out in the sun for long though bc they shrink. We found that out the hard way after one was left in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

flufflovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #22
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Crocs?

My DD has some Mary Jane looking ones that are brown and pink and I love those things!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #23
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hate them and won't buy them. DS wears Nerf flip flops that are very comfortable and cute. I wear flats or flip flops myself.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #24
Kanzan
Registered Users
Formerly: col****mama
seller

My Mood:

Okay good I thought maybe everyone was over them but I didn't know what else to get. They are indestructible and my kids are a little older so they are forever going between pool, bikes, trampoline, running, swinging plus a hundred trips in and out of the house so I like that they are two seconds to put on but not flimsy and offer more coverarge and support than flip flops. I don't know how kids do anything with those on!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

yep my dd wears them all the time we have tons of colors we also wear reg rainbow flip flops i think they will be forever shoes for kids my older DSs dont wear them though. I have a black pair.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #26
mimieliza
Registered Users

Yup. They last two summers for my DD - I think because they stretch as she grows. She had yellow and green for the past two years. Pink and purple for this summer. I found REAL Crocs, not croc-offs, at Fred Meyers for $17 after coupon.
mimieliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #27
pcjs
Registered Users

Love them. I just got my son a pair of the stretchy back and they are far easier to put on/off than his other pair. We got the light up things to put on them too (just got him a few more today).
Old 04-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #28
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_beth View Post
Fell down my Mom's front steps and got a serious foot injury (4 broken bones and had to have surgery to repair ligaments - still on crutches). I was wearing Crocs at the time. I honestly don't know if the shoes had anything to do with my fall, but I caught my toe on the top step. Guess I'll never know, right?

That said, ODS and DD both wear them in the backyard since they're easy to get on/off and wash so well. YDS only wears spendy Stride Rites since he has giant blocks for feet - 8.5 XXW at 2.3 years!
This is SO my YDS. He's 15 months and has XW oar XXW. He can't even fit his fat little feet into crocs, pedipeds, see kai run...NOTHING I had saved for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
yes still crocs for the kids - I have one pair that I keep by the door for ME to wear if I need to yell at the dogs or something - but not for going out in public.

I also love the ones with stretchy satin on the top/strap - super easy to get one every time
LOVED these for my ODS...except his were camo not purple

We have a croc outlet close by and sometimes the regular croc store has bi-yearly blowout sales..although I always find out AFTER the sale.

Quick hijack- Are Keen sandals really good? How are the prices? Pricey like Stride Rites?

Last edited by 808mamaof3; 04-19-2011 at 10:12 PM.
808mamaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #29
tusheez
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimieliza View Post
Yup. They last two summers for my DD - I think because they stretch as she grows. She had yellow and green for the past two years. Pink and purple for this summer. I found REAL Crocs, not croc-offs, at Fred Meyers for $17 after coupon.
croc-offs havent heard that one yet
Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Love them for my kids! The off brand never last more than a summer, but the name brand will go through both boys with plenty of wear left! We'll buy DS1 his new pair on our annual Mem day trip and his old ones get passed down to DS2. They LIVE in them for playing outside, around the neighborhood, and at the playground. I do like the sport sandals with a strap for any other use though (craft fairs, hikes, etc).
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote