Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #11
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Curing Whining

So - I put in Blue's Clues Bluestock and the whining has stopped for now. I know it is bad, but heck knows that I needed the break from the whining!

Although as I typed this the 2 1/2 year old came in fussing that his 13 yr old brother kicked him out of his bedroom...LOL!!

Advertisement

l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #12
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, somebody PLEASE have an answer for this one!!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #13
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to stalk this thread for advice lol! My dd is 2.5 and cries. Like nonstop sometimes. She can easily cry for an hour over the littlest things. She cries when she has to get dressed, if she can't have more whatever it is she wants, if we ask her to move from in front of the tv(which she does on purpose btw), if I'm trying to prepare a meal, I could go on and on. I have tried having her help me with whatever I am doing or just stopping what I am doing to distract her and spend time with her. Nothing works! She is happy if I wear her but she weighs 32 pounds and my back can't take a lot of that.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #14
MuzicMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Billy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajenn13 View Post
I wish I had some advice too. My 4 year old whines about everything. We always say something about it, ie: you know you don't get our attention (or what you want) by whining. Talk normally. A lot of times if she starts whining we'll say 'Oh, you must be ready for a nap.' That one has started backfiring becuase now whenever she pitches a fit about something she'll say 'I'm tireeedddd...' like we're going to excuse the fit becuase she needs a nap. To which I usually reply 'Okay, nap time!' And carry her to her room kicking and screaming. Ughh.
We use "you must need a nap" line too! LOL! But, no back-firing on us yet. DS is 3.5 and hasn't napped in a year
MuzicMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I finally got one down. The other does not take naps. His PDD is not nap friendly.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #16
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is the same age.

If you find a cure PLEASE let me know! I am going to end up in the psych ward if this goes on for much longer.
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #17
kindramay
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdmama*3 View Post
I'm going to stalk this thread for advice lol! My dd is 2.5 and cries. Like nonstop sometimes. She can easily cry for an hour over the littlest things. She cries when she has to get dressed, if she can't have more whatever it is she wants, if we ask her to move from in front of the tv(which she does on purpose btw), if I'm trying to prepare a meal, I could go on and on. I have tried having her help me with whatever I am doing or just stopping what I am doing to distract her and spend time with her. Nothing works! She is happy if I wear her but she weighs 32 pounds and my back can't take a lot of that.
My 3 1/2 year old son is the same way. The only time he stops whining is when he is crying. He's been that way since birth. I'm desperate to find a way to teach him other ways of communicating. I see a rough road ahead of us once he starts school, its already like he has "VICTIM" stamped on his forehead.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindramay

My 3 1/2 year old son is the same way. The only time he stops whining is when he is crying. He's been that way since birth. I'm desperate to find a way to teach him other ways of communicating. I see a rough road ahead of us once he starts school, its already like he has "VICTIM" stamped on his forehead.
My 3.5 year old has been a ball of tears for the last month or so. It's driving me bonkers. She freaked out and bawled when I told her she had something sticky in her hair. Then after she calmed down from that, she cried again when I told her she had to wait until after supper to have a bath. And again when I kicked her out of the kitchen because I was cooking said supper, a rule that's been in place since she was mobile. And again when it wasn't what she wanted. And then she stepped on a block and bawled (guess who left them out?) and when I told her I couldn't stop what I was doing that instant to get her playdoh out......can I sell her on eBay before she drives me out of my skull?

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #19
grizzardmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Checking into this support group bc if my 1 1/2 yo dd doesn't stop whining ill go postal.

mommy to DD "Boogie" (7/16/09) DS "Bubba" (1/07/11) auntie to "Batman" (2/21/08) in house with a whole lot of & going on.
grizzardmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #20
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes my DD just aimlessly wanders around the living room/kitchen whining.
She whines AT me. She whines for food, drink, diaper change, hugs, toys, every possible thing. And the worst thing is, I know she can say a lot of the words that she instead whines to get, so it's not for lack of being able to communicate with me.

She's sitting at my feet whining right now!

Ahhhh!
novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote