Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

Wii for kids?!

Not sure if this is "off topic" or "parenting" but I have a question.

Are there any wii games that are appropriate, easy, fun, for kids. We have one. A wii and a kid too. But he'll be 3 this winter and I thought maybe we'll keep it and find games for him to play once and awhile or if not I'll sell it. DH and I don't ever use it. I doubt we will. We've played it twice.

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
SpartyGuard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wii for kids?!

We got Nickelodeon Fit for DD for Christmas. Its a teensy bit above her but she can grow into it.
SpartyGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
craftinmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mario Kart is pretty fun too. I used to let the girls I used to watch (6,4,3) play it once in awhile. They weren't very good at it but they had a blast playing it!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #4
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Next one on our list is Nickelodeon Fit, 5 yo DS really likes the Mater's Tall Tales game and the practice parts of the Wii Sports game that came with our system. 2.5 yo DD really likes the Elmo's A-to-Zoo Adventure game...its rated EC (early childhood) and she seems to kinda get how to play it. We're not big on video games here, but its something for them to do on rainy days when we're stuck inside and bored with everything else.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We really like all the really classic games made for nintendo (think Mario, Donkey kong). DS, 4 and I were just playing pinball. You can buy these games online and download them for about $5 a game.
Vivhop98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

they can also watch netflix on the wii. We don't have cable, so the kids love that!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:07 PM   #7
firstimemommy44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like bowling and the sports games, it's active and not just sitting there with a controller in their hand

My swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellen44
firstimemommy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

My 6 (almost 7) year old, 4 year old and 21 month old ALL dance to 'Just Dance'...they LOVE it!

There is also a 'Kid's Just Dance' that has 'younger' songs like 'Old MacDonald' and such.

As a family we really REALLY like 'Wii Party' it has a bunch of quick games where you only need to push one button. Sometimes the game 'winner' is just the luck of the draw and other times the winner is based off of skill! The 'baby' can't play, but our 4 year old (he just turned 4, so he enjoyed it when he was 3) LOVES it!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #9
Crew&West
Registered Users
Formerly: Crewsmom
seller

[QUOTE=smashncakes;12765414]Next one on our list is Nickelodeon Fit, 5 yo DS really likes the Mater's Tall Tales game and the practice parts of the Wii Sports game that came with our system. 2.5 yo DD really likes the Elmo's A-to-Zoo Adventure game...its rated EC (early childhood) and she seems to kinda get how to play it. We're not big on video games here, but its something for them to do on rainy days when we're stuck inside and bored with everything else.[/QUOTE]

That's us too. We bought it a year ago and have used it a handfull of times if that. But now that they're getting older it might be fun this winter on those really cold, snowy days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Brady View Post
they can also watch netflix on the wii. We don't have cable, so the kids love that!
I forgot about that! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLCreations View Post
My 6 (almost 7) year old, 4 year old and 21 month old ALL dance to 'Just Dance'...they LOVE it!

There is also a 'Kid's Just Dance' that has 'younger' songs like 'Old MacDonald' and such.

As a family we really REALLY like 'Wii Party' it has a bunch of quick games where you only need to push one button. Sometimes the game 'winner' is just the luck of the draw and other times the winner is based off of skill! The 'baby' can't play, but our 4 year old (he just turned 4, so he enjoyed it when he was 3) LOVES it!
I thought the Just Dance would be fun, I wasn't sure how well it would be for kids so this helps, thank you!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD likes the Elmo game, and some of the Wii Fit games. She LOVES Netflix on it!
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote