Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wii for kids?!

I personally do not like the Elmo and Cookie Monster game...I can't get it to go to the next item...you have to tilt the wii-mote to make it move, I can't get it!

DS LOVEs Donkey Kong, Bowling on wii Sports, Flying the airplanes in Sports Resort

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:59 AM   #12
thaisa47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DS plays Mario kart, and the mater tall tales. He likes playing a bunch of games on the wii fit, and the extended version has even more. He likes playing the dance party one mentioned earlier, but he needs to be in the right mood. He really enjoys playing Lego rock band with me - it has a super easy setting for the drums where I can also turn off the pedal. He does pretty well, and Mai ly sings as loud as he can.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We wanted to get DS a game in his Easter Basket. DH did the research and the Elmo game got AWFUL reviews. We ended up with the Diego game...I don't know the actual name off the top of my head.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
sarahsjhs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My daughter likes to 'play' my husband's football game and mario kart with him. She's not 2 yet, so we give her the remote setup without a battery, but she loves it!
See my full inventory, which is always growing at Annabelle's Basket
sarahsjhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:

mario kart, dance party (is that whats it called lol) sonic the hedgehog wii SPORTS RESORT is great its loaded with all kinds of interactive sports games that keeps them moving..
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #16
Rebeldream
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only game we have that my 3 year old can play without help is the game that came with it... the one with bowling/golf/boxing/baseball/tennis. Wii Sports, I think? All our other games are a little above him.

Zak and Wiki is an awesome strategy game to play with kids though they can't do some of it alone because it requires quick clicking. They have a ton of fun helping to figure out the puzzles, though.

DS likes Mario Kart but he's not very good at it. Mario Party is fun, too, but I have to help him on the mini games.

Swagbucks Pre-PL'ing Diaper Stash My Love of Cloth Rebel MCloth Tutorial
Rebeldream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #17
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

My 1 year old (20 months) loves the Wii Resort games. I don't have the wii at home, but my parents have it. The first thing my DS does when he walks in their door is run into the family room saying "Wi!! On!!" He loves the bowling and fencing. And he's pretty good! LOL! My brother will turn it on play it with him every once in a while and DS is thrilled. I'm not thrilled that my baby is playing video games, but it is just a short time and not often and he really loves it!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #18
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

My DS has been playing wii fit on it for a year or better (he's four now). We also let him play the new Super Mario. He LOVES It!

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #19
kaymurr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftinmama View Post
Mario Kart is pretty fun too. I used to let the girls I used to watch (6,4,3) play it once in awhile. They weren't very good at it but they had a blast playing it!
My oldest are 7, 6, 4, and they also love this game and have for awhile. They're actually getting better. They play sometimes at their uncle's, so we actually already bought a Wii for upcoming XMas (early, I know!) + Mario Kart, Dora, and whatever Dance game it is my dd has to have. According to her, you just follow the moves.
kaymurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #20
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymurr View Post
My oldest are 7, 6, 4, and they also love this game and have for awhile. They're actually getting better. They play sometimes at their uncle's, so we actually already bought a Wii for upcoming XMas (early, I know!) + Mario Kart, Dora, and whatever Dance game it is my dd has to have. According to her, you just follow the moves.
She's right - I'm personally loving the just dance games, but I can't get my three year old to do anything but attempt to get killed by diving under my feet or grabbing on to me. She might be more interested in the just dance kids, but I think I'm going to rent it first before buying, just in case.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote