Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
~MamaMayhem~
Registered Users
Formerly: azmansmom
seller

My Mood:
Anora Hope...Here at last!

Anora Hope was born December 22nd at 8:42 AM - 6 lbs even and 19 inches long of yummy baby goodness!

I was due on December 28th and expecting her earlier, so I don't know why I was so surprised when I woke up at 3 AM on the 21st to the "show". My husband and I debated for 5 hours on whether or not I was really in labor as the contractions were so erratic and mild. Ah, the start of a long tedious day!

I labored at home and things seemed to start to pick up around 7 or so when the contraction starting getting closer and needing more concentration. We went to the hospital around 10:30 or so and at that point they were coming 3-5 minutes apart on during the 30 minute drive. (God bless my husband, he sure did try to keep from hitting all those bumps.)

When I got to the hospital and they told me I was only dilated to a 3 and 60% effaced I started crying right away! My sister recently had a horrible 45 hour labor experience, and I was sure that this one would go much faster for me since she is my second. That was the start of a long, tedious (and painful) night.

I finally did what I said I wouldn't do and got an epi around 2:30AM. Although the contractions were very intense and painful, I really felt that I could handle those. What I couldn't handle was the thought that I would be in for such a long labor and have no energy to push when the time came. Unfortunately, while the epi did take the pain away, I couldn't sleep at all!

Finally, at 7 AM (and 8 cm) I let my wonderful DR break my water and felt the urge to push within about an hour. I did have to wait ( I don't even remember their reason why ) and when the time came, all it took was 3 contractions, 9 pushes and 10! minutes and little Annie made her debut. The hospital staff was wonderful with my requests for immediate skin contact for the first hour and my abstaining from certain procedures. She was welcomed by myself, my husband, my mother and my MIL.

We came home yesterday afternoon and I have to say, this birth experience has been so amazing even though it didn't go as I had "planned" it. I feel refreshed and happy and even though I still have only had about 8 hours of sleep since Tuesday night, I am wide awake and loving mothering a newborn again. I was 17 and single when my son was born and I remember the panic and overwhelming weight I felt with him in the beginning. With little Annie I am surrounded by people who love me and love her and there is just so much joy in the house, it's palatable!

Wish I had a better picture, but even with the grainy pixels you can see that I have the most perfect daughter in the world!

Advertisement

Last edited by ~MamaMayhem~; 02-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.
~MamaMayhem~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats!!!! She's beautiful!!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
She is pretty stinking gorgeous! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 04:17 AM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Using my DS app, please excuse the lack of proofreading.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:16 AM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anora Hope...Here at last!

She is beautiful! Makes me want a newborn girl again!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She's beautiful!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So beautiful! Congratulations mama!

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #10
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

COngrats!!