Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
mommytoallgirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Share Your Essential Oils Recipes

I am on a kick with buying essential oils!!! I need some recipes to use them in though I'm interested in any and all aspects of using them, from cleaning to washing or just plain smelling them! TIA mamas

Advertisement

mommytoallgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Share Your Essential Oils Recipes

i add lavender to almost everything. i use a drop or two of tea tree oil in the dipe pail as well as the toilet. i use orange or lemon with vinegar in the kitchen for cleaning. i like to use peppermint in the living room when i clean the couch or rug. rosemary i like to mix with olive oil and treat my hair. clove is good to add to mouth wash in small amounts if you have a tooth ache. eucalyptus is good for colds or congestion which is different from lemon eucalyptus which repells bugs. i love eo's and need to stock up for the summer soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share Your Essential Oils Recipes

I usually base my eo recipes off of what smells good together for ME, which can be different for everyone else. My headache blend includes sweet marjoram, peppermint, and wintergreen. I also make my own 'thieves' oil using clove bud, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiata, lemon, and oregano. I have a calming baby (and mama!) blend that has roman chamomile and lavender. I have a citrus one for lifting moods and cleaning the air that has lemon, grapefruit and tangerine in it. As far as drop amounts in each recipe go.... I don't have it all written down. I just add until it smells right to me!