Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Update on Me

The last "March 2011 baby" is certainly a stubborn one.

I am currently at or very near forty-three weeks gestation with this little one. My due date was close to accurate, as I have a very regular twenty-nine to thirty-one day cycle. Because we have now gone far past protocol to have a homebirth, if I am not in labor by Friday night, we will be going in to the hospital for an induction. I don't want my baby's health to be at risk, nor do I want my midwife's licensing to be at risk because of allowing this pregnancy to go on too long. I had a biophysical profile and non-stress test last Friday and all is well. I have the same two tests again tonight. I am also completely healthy.

I have walked and walked and walked with no results. I have eaten spicy foods with no results other than slight heartburn. Sex has given me two contractions and that's all. The breast pump gave me zero contractions and a very sore nipple. Two days of bouncing and sitting on a birth ball have made my back, shoulders, pelvis, hips and cervix hurt. I feel very heavy and crampy, but still have no significant repetition of contractions or any of the labor signs going on. I may try rubbing castor oil on my belly and putting a towel over it in a warm bath tonight (won't ingest it). I may try Black and Blue Cohosh tomorrow.

I am excited to meet my baby very soon, but really disappointed and sad that we will likely not get to have the homebirth experience I planned for and want for us. I don't want to go to the hospital.

Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Update on Me

((((Hugs))))) So sorry baby is being stubborn! Hoping one of those will get things started.
Wife to K homeschooling mom to A(2-24-02) and E(6-14-04) and our newest addition A(3-11-11)
jess08060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Registered Users

These stubborn babies... who tells them that our bellies are more comfortable than the outside world? Someone must be leaking the secret to them.

SO hoping your baby will come in the next couple of days on his/her own!! I hate seeing you women not being able to get the births you hope for. Hoping, hoping, hoping, and please keep us updated. I am SO thankful everything is still looking good though and am glad you will have your precious newborn soon... our due date forum will finally be complete then
Alisha. Mommy to Sophie Born 3/29/2011 and Brielle Born 1/25/2013
lisha622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hope baby decides to come on their own by Friday and you still get to have your homebirth. And I agree with Alisha, someone must be leaking the secret to our wee one's!
And just to give you hope, I was a 43 weeker and the night before my mom was to be induced her water randomly broke an I was born less than 4 hours later! So there is still time for you to get your homebirth!
A, wife to S Mama to DD W born at home in the water on 3/23/11!
my heart warrior DS N born 1/11/13! And sweet DD A born at home 3/9/15!
<3 Did you know 1 in 100 babies are born with a heart defect? 1 of them is mine <3
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
Registered Users

What worked for me was pumping 10 mins on one side, 10 mins on the other, 10min break. Then I repeated it again. DH rubbed some accupressure points on my feet and lower legs during the first cycle. No other pumping pattern had worked for me, and I'd been trying for weeks.

I hope things work out well for you! A hospital experience can still be good, even if it's different than the birth you pictured.

Hugs, mama. Lots of hugs.
nanookmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Registered Users

So sorry he's being so stubborn! I really hope you go into labor on your own very soon!
Rachel, SAHM to Kyrie (9-30-05) and Antonio (12-08-07) and Epiphany (3-27-11) and Matteo (6-23-15)
RachelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
Registered Users

I'm sorry your little one is being soo stubborn. I hope baby comes soon and you get to have the homebirth you want!
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
Registered Users

Hoping baby comes soon and hoping you get your homebirth
Christ following family~~married to my HS sweetheart, Jason (6/95)~~mama to DD (5/00), DD (8/02),DS (10/08), ^i^ (12/09) and DS (3/27/11)
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:

Ugh, these stubborn March babes! Hope baby decides to come out today!
Leaner and Will (2-22-03)
Our four girlies
Rhaynnon (3-6-01), Gwendolyn (9-29-05), Natalie (3-29-11), and Abigail "Abby" (6-5-13)
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #10
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
My Mood:

Come on out baby!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote