Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
What can I do to help my DD sinus infections?

Well last week we all came down with a virus/ cold. First the baby, then DH, then me, then DD. She ran a high fever and just had tons of mucus. She was bad about getting them as a baby too, but I was able to hold her down then to suck out her nose with the nose Frieda. Anyway, she is too big now and last night, it went into an ear infection. She was screaming all night. As much as I don't want to do antibiotics, I called and got some pronto because of her ear hurting so bad. She is 3, about 30 lbs. What can I give her or do so that I can get that mucus out of her sweet little head. Can she take mucinex? I get so frustrated because she just doesn't drain well. She isn't eating and barely drinking anything. Any advice?

I am loading her up on probiotics, and we were already taking them, she just has a tendency with this junk to get sinus infections.

[SIZE="3"]Hollie wife to my sweet hubby Corey
SAHM to Miller(11-29-06) and Evie June (2-26-08) and Grant Owen (7-23-10)!!! New little one due 9-12-12
2beauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What can I do to help my DD sinus infections?

Maybe try putting her in the bathroom/shower (steam) w/ TTO in the water... the vapors are supposed to help w/ sinus infections (really, you're supposed to put the TTO in a pot so steaming water and breath in the steam w/ a towel over your head, but I'm not really thinking that a 3 yo will do that!)
Mama to 3 stars on Earth, and now 2 in the arms of Jesus
sstarfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Can you try the neti pot sinus rinse for kids (they have a pediatric version)? It's safe as long as you can get her to do it! It's worth a try I think! I used the adult version when I was pregnant and really sick and it was awesome!
sarahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #4

When I had a really bad sinus infection this pregnancy (read: very limited on relief options) I would take a warm (wet) washcloth folded over a couple of times and lay it over my eyes/upper nose/cheeks area where the pressure was the worst. It helped a lot. The warmth gets them to move/drain better. Be prepared she may have to couch of throw some up after, but it's getting out.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote