Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #11
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: diaper sprayer....a need?

I think they usually run $30-40, sometimes a little cheaper. There was a co-op...has it ended? You can try searching the forums to...someone posted some instructions a while back (can't remember if it was before or after the switch to the new board) for making your own. I think the supplies came out close to $30 so it wasn't that much of a savings though.

Advertisement

bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #12
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I don't know how people get by without them. I didn't think it would be necessary so I didn't buy one at first, until the very first day I started diapering! I was trying everything to get the poop off my Fuzzi Bunz, dunking didn't work, toilet paper didn't work.
I immediately ordered a sprayer and I consider it a necessity.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:53 PM   #13
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Well, I was not convinced that I needed one. When I started CDing, my middle child was 6 months old and formula fed and always had solid poops that fell right off into the toilet.

Then I had another baby who was exclusively breastfed. Okay, fine, that part was easy enough--just throw them straight in the pail. But man, oh, man, when he started on solids, those poops were sticky and nasty. I was soooo glad I had a diaper sprayer for those!

These days, I don't use it all the time as most of his poop is solid and rolls off, but he does occassionally get those sticky ones.

Mine's hooked up to the toilet bowl and I spray the poop off into the toilet.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

After six months (when baby starts solids) I personally consider it a need. I hate picking out debri from the washer.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #15
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
After six months (when baby starts solids) I personally consider it a need. I hate picking out debri from the washer.
BTDT
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #16
mnpetnurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We purchased 2 sprayers from WeeBees (Little Squirt $60). Hooked one up and used it occasionally - it has a super strong spray - beware! We had to turn down the water pressure to our toilet, but maybe all water supply is not that strong. We used it so little that we never hooked up our second one upstairs (sold it here 2 weeks ago).

We just shake the diaper out into the toilet and what ever doesn't shake off goes in the wash - no dunking or swishing here. You can also have a dedicated spatula in a bucket by the toilet too for scraping.

Breastfed poop does NOT need to be rinsed/swished, save yourself and your DH the hassle - just throw them in the pail and be done.

Oh, we also kind of know when our dd will poop now so we try to keep a rice paper liner in her dipe at that time -- just peels off and flushes. If she only pees in it, then it too can go in diaper pail and be washed and reused a couple times.
mnpetnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
cblurose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never used one...I have one sitting in my office still in the packaging it came in. @@
cblurose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #18
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

I'm a dunker and a swishser - a sprayer would just be something else for my DD to make a mess with!!
Old 06-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #19
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one hooked up to the toilet that I don't use for diapers...only as a bidet! It just isn't strong enough to blast off that sticky poop! Instead, I use the hose with a jet spray nozel and blast it into a bucket and then flush that down the toilet. This way is sooooooo much faster, less messy, and not so close to the toilet. So, it's not a neccesity for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #20
lindsayncadence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

can any post the site to make one???? i want one but im soo broke so i could check prices for supplis......