Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 AM   #1
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thursday 4/21 chat

Well haven't started a chat thread yet. I am up because I needed to pee around 5:00 and checked my FB and my cousin has just had her baby so now can't go back to sleep, guess all her hard work of making her baby come early paid off. I, on the other hand am still preggo, lol 40 +2 today, and have a MW appt this am, where I will probably go ahead and get checked since I am technically overdue. I won't be trying any natural induction methods until after Easter if dd doesn't come before then, but once easter is done with I will be drinking castor oil, and getting my membranes stripped first thing on tuesday, because as much as I want the baby to come on her own, I know that it is pretty much game time once I hit 41 weeks, as the practice i go to really wants you to deliver between 41-42 if you haven't gone before that. So I have a little anxiety about that, which I hate because it seems like all these months you want your baby to stay in but once it is in the end time there is all this pressure to "get the baby out" it's not like the baby or placenta expire on your edd, lol! I just know if I am pregnant on Sunday and go to easter I may actually go off on anyone who says something about my cousin beating me by having her baby first. I have already gotten those comments on fb, but if i hear it in person i might snap, lol! So here is hoping my family behaves or I have dd on or before 4/24, lol not good to see an overdue preggo lady mad i suppose!

Hope everyone has a great day, and a couple of us have babies in our arms not our bellies come this time tomorrow!

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Thursday 4/21 chat

yes to babies by tomorrow...or even Saturday would be great

the midwives are already coming for their next visit Saturday at 11am so why not? That will be my 40 week visit....I may then discuss with the midwives taking castor oil later in the week (next week) I have mixed feelings about castor oil as I don't have experience with it but know I want my homebirth and would rather try natural than pitocin if I go past 42 weeks.

Castor oil scares me because I was online reading that some think it can cause baby to have the in utero BM but others thought the meconium was more likely that the babies were already overdue...then there were the people who said they took it at 35 weeks and the baby had the BM plus was violently pooing after birth...to me I am thinking...35 weeks!!! HELLLO maybe that baby wasn't ready and just how much castor oil did this person drink!??

so anyway the mixed reviews I have read have me nervous enough to not do it until closer to the end of the 41st week...

I really want a water birth and if I've just taken a laxative don't think I should be jumping in a pool of water with DH not only the funny/gross part but would worry about baby being born in my pooso would opt out of the water if we make that choice prolly...

on another note...scored some time with HUBBY! I usually babysit Thursday/Fridays when he has his days off but just got the phone call that one of the little ones is sick today and tomorrow the parents don't have to work...so while I hope the lil bitty one gets better quick...super happy we get a little family time before labor
Old 04-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
mommyto2girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ashley- Enjoy the time with hubby!

mommabird06- hope your baby comes soon...and people keep their mouths shut about when baby makes its apperance

AFM: just adjusting to life with a 3rd girl....she's a great baby though

so....my thing lately...if I hear the question one more time "are you done?, are you going to try again for a boy?"

I May just SCREAM!!!! we don't know if we're done, she's ONLY 2 weeks old!!! and even IF we do try again....it doesn't concern YOU!!! URH!!

(ok rant over....I'm just tired of hearing the same exact question a million times)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw mamabird and ashley, Ihear you onthe induction front! So annoying that the pressure is on with induction once you are at/near your due date. I'm also hoping to avoid a medical induction if at all possible. My dr. Doesn't use pitocin to induce and while that may sound good, I worry about what happens if there isn't enough progress with the cervidil. Really don't want my water broken in early labor and everything I've read about cervidil makes it sound very unusual for it to work on its own without a little pit. Anyway...hoping to do whatever I can to get things rolling on my own.

This baby has decided that it's fun to turn sideways at random. Oh.my. Dear. Lord. Is it ever uncomfortable! I'm worried that my hips or something may be misaligned so planning an appointment with a chiropractor probably next week unless he can squeeze me in today. Really want the baby to stay clicked in and they were for quite a while. This kid is such a wiggler!
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #5
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mamabird--hope baby comes soon. At least now people won't be continuously asking/joking about who will have her baby first.

Ashley--I hope you go into labor before you have to try castor oil. If you do take it, be careful. I've heard the two reasons it can cause labor are the poo cramps & dehydration from pooing too much.

Heather--I've only just had my second boy & people have been asking if we're going to try for a girl (from since we found out from our US). I've taken to answering with 'we want more kids, but will probably have all boys' just so people will leave me alone.

Today I'm just hanging with my boys. After lunch we're going to the post office & to Nana's (my mom) to send a fax. Then I may stop at the grocery store for a few items. Well, off to change a diaper & make breakfast
Old 04-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #6
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mamabird: My doctor started talking about induction at 36wks. 36 WKS! So I totally understand the frustration there. She said she want baby out by 41 wks, but I convinced her to let me go to 42 if possible. So, no later than May5th, and baby is OUT!

Ashley: yes, baby by tomorrow would be FANTASTIC. Thankful for you to have some time w/ hubby. Mine's off tomorrow, paid holiday, can't complain about that!

Heather: I am right there with you about people asking questions!! We haven't even had baby girl yet, but since we know she's our third girl people have been asking. If they see me pregnant and I'm out with my two older girls they'll ask "Are you having another girl?" -yes- "Oh I'm sorry!" And people have asked if we're "done" after this... or are we "gonna DARE try a 4th time for a boy?" RUDE If someone wants to know, sincerely, and asks us sincerely that's one thing. But what's with the rude phrasing??? We usually say we want a big family, so no we're not done and will probably eventually have a boy. Then they think we're crazy for wanting a "big family" b/c in the U.S. 3 kids IS a big family. Just can't please anyone, can you?

Rosie: Sometimes I feel like this baby is turned sideways too. I feel her feet, or knees in my side all the time! I love that you're just planning on being pregnant next week. My EDD is tomorrow too, and I really was thinking I'd have her but now. I'm just not counting on anything anymore. ((sigh))

Rosie: Have fun hanging out with your boys! We were just at Nana's yesterday... and I've already been asked this morning if we're going again today hehe. These girls love Nana.

AFM: Well, I'm almost the *most pregnant* I've ever been. DD1 came a week before her EDD (unnecessary c/s) and DD2 came the morning before her EDD (which would be this morning). I've really been okay this whole time not being anxious, not getting impatient... but I can say now, just the thought that I wasn't pg anymore with my other kids makes me a bit impatient. I've been grouchy all week. Then this morning super emotional & crying about everything. I don't want to be this way... I really want to have a good attitude! And just be thankful for a healthy baby, knowing everyday she's in there is a day she needs to be in there & has absolutely everything she needs. But with a doctor who pressures induction, and makes it seem like somethings wrong that I haven't gone into labor yet, makes ME start thinking something's wrong. Can my body just forget what it's supposed to do??!?!? DH has been so sweet and encouraging.
I know it sounds ridiculous to some of you Mamas, and I feel bad even complaining a little with some of you who have gone a week or longer past your EDD... I'm just getting anxious & hate it With Easter being this weekend, and my brother & his wife coming in town. We are having Easter dinner here at our house... with or without baby! The "unknown" just adds to the stress. I'm just super stressed right now.
Was gonna ask about castor oil, glad some of you posted some things. I think I'll pass just to be safe

Happy Thursday!
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #7
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mamabird~ Hope baby decides to come on its own
Ashley~ Enjoy your DH time!
Heather~ We get a lot of "your done now right?!?!" (we have 4) and "at least you got your girl" like my boys aren't good enough. UGH I hate people.
Rosie~ Praying baby flips for you and stays head down.
Rosie (divergirl)~ Enjoy time with the littles
Bekah~ Hope you don't get too stressed about Easter.

AFM: It is snowing here and sticking to the ground Super depressing. We are supposed to go to a b-day party tonight for a friend from Norway who is in the States visiting her dd and SIL. Hoping it warms up as the party is at a camp.
My ears are still totally clogged and it is driving me absolutely insane. Everything is super muffled and my ears hurt and feel full. I can handle the hurting but the clogged feeling is so irritating and I can't get it to go away, I've tried everything I can think of.
Baby boy is 3 weeks old today and is doing wonderfully! I have moments where I feel like we have had him forever because the adjustment was so easy and other moments where I can't believe he is 3 weeks old already! He is such a good baby.
Well, gotta find something to distract the smalls because all they want is baby, lol.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies!
I'm home with Gabe, he's just eatin & sleeping & pooping. Happily my milk came in pretty quickly so I don't have to worry about that! Leaked through my bra last night so I broke out the pads today.
I feel like butt. Really, TMI but there is so much gas in my system and it's so hard to get out. Still haven't pooed yet either, had some prune juice yesterday and it doesn't seem to have helped.

Trying to force myself to stay sitting/laying down and rest because I almost passed out yesterday trying to do stuff. I think that's mostly due to the blood loss. My iron was at 30 when I went in for the c-section, and it was 25 yesterday. Yay anemia.

Still taking lots of drugs I keep trying to wean myself down but change my mind after it wears off.

Hope that I see more babies this weekend!

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #9
DaisyDiaper728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to you ladies who are still waiting on your babies...I know how that feels. DD1 Aliza was born at 39w 1d so when Karis didn't come until 39w 5d those 4 days felt like forever. Heck, Jasmine, I just noticed you said Esais is 3 weeks today and I realized Karis will be 3 weeks tomorrow and couldn't believe it, b/c at the time it felt like you had your baby for a week before mine came! LOL. Being pregnant skews perspective, I think!!

And yeah...girl #2 here and people are asking if we want a boy next...or telling us "surely the next one will be a boy"...drove me crazy when she wasn't even born yet, and people are talking about #3! (DH did it just to aggravate me, but he was joking, he likes to push my buttons).

We are just hanging out this morning. No tornado scares last night, thank goodness. Aliza slept all night in her own bed. Can't say the same for Karis, but oh, well. I stayed up waaay too late on FB b/c my BFF was online and we don't chat enough anymore. I miss her.
I woke up with Owl City's Fireflies in my head, so now I'm listening to it on YouTube. Yeah, I'm really 12, I just look 32.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #10
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjulian View Post
Rosie~ Praying baby flips for you and stays head down.
He/she always flips back to head down (is head-down now), but it's the staying head down thing that doesn't seem to be happening. Making me extra nervous about the concept of an induction... no way would that be a success with a transverse baby.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote