Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
MamaBird06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Friday 4/22 chat

Still pregnant! Was really hoping things were starting last night, I had some pretty consistent contractions for a couple hours but went to bed and they fizzled out. I was a bit disappointed to wake at 5:15 with no signs of true labor. I am all for dd coming on her own, but since yesterdays appt and next thursday's deadline I am starting to stress a little.

Any Earth Day babies yet??

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Friday 4/22 chat

so hoping to have an Earth day baby been feeling like I'm on my period with the bloating campiness since last night...just tummy last night to tummy and back this A.M. and had a bit of mucous first few trips to potty...haven't noticed any last 2 trips though...but been cleaning like mad to be sure everything is ready...DH is finally starting to wake up it sounds like anyway

hope you get some good news or signs soon Mamabird! and here's to hoping my signs are the real thing!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
divergirldee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good morning ladies. I'm soo tired today. Yesterday Logan woke up early (630) & although he laid in bed with me until 715, he wasn't sleeping & neither was I. Then last night was church.

Well we just got up a bit ago. I'm getting a bit tired of waking up to wet clothes (from my milk leaking everywhere). I bought bamboo nursing pads, & they're much more absorbent (plus I've put some fleece between the pads & my shirt) but I'm still leaking through. I even leaked onto my bra last night & had run out of nursing pads. Ugh.

Well today I need to do dishes, hang laundry, put away diaper laundry, & pick up through living room. I'm hoping to get it all done & be able to keep up with it next week so I don't have too much to clean for my little party on Saturday.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today is my due date! I started the celebration today by getting a chiropractic adjustment. A super nice guy from our church happens to be a chiropractor and he adjusted me today for free! He andhis wife are one of te nicest and most generous couples at our church...they're so incredibly sweet! He said te adjustment was his baby gift to us and that he and his wife are prayingfor us during DH's job search. One of my hips was way jigher than the other and my pelvis was tilting te wrong direction. Baby clicked back in right away and I feel a million times better.

DD is taking a nap right now (super happily in her new toddler bed). When she wakes up we will eat lunch, head to the good friday service and then zip in to my Dr. Appointent. Hoping to hunt down some EPO while we're in the "big" city. Found two stores that carry it here last night but they both were out of stock. Tonight I'd like to out to dinner to celebrate 40 weeks. We'll see if DD an handle that or if she's too worn out by then.

Noticing some mucus again today and yesterday (haven't been noticing it at all the last week to week and a half). Looks just slightly pinkish. Between tat, te adjustment, starting EPO and getting my membranes stripped again today, hoping to get things rolling soon.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
NEWBUTWILLING
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Having a hard time adjusting being home with a new baby. He is SO different then DD that I have no idea what to do with him. All this child does is cry....unless he is latched on to the boob and stays there.

I am more concerned about him not making any output in diapers since we left the hospital. I know my boobs are working some of my milk has come in and I can hear him suck and swallow but he is NEVER satisfied after most feedings. I have been supplementing a little bit but he takes maybe half an ounce and passes out. This is so frustrating to me....thank goodness he is going to the doctors today. I think he is tongue tied which is making it hard for him to suck right. He has an awesome latch and does fantastic nursing.

Sigh sorry don't need to be whiny just wish he was as easy as my first. My Mom leaves tomorrow so it will just be hubby and I till he goes back to work on Thursday unless I need him to take a few more days off.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Paisleesmomma
Registered Users
seller

to you Jenny...hope it gets a little more regular SOON!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is what we woke up to on this wonderful earth day! i dont have a snow suit so this child better wait until the snow is gone! But its coming and coming...i bet we will have 1 foot by this afternooon

Slept great last night...no contrax....nothing going on...40 and 5 today...
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
luckygreen713
Registered Users
seller

Hey mamas,

Mamabird, Ashley and Rosie, hope things get rolling for all of you!! It sounds like it could be anytime for all 3 of you!

Rosie, have you heard of Lilypadz? They're nursing pads that actually keep you fromleaking, instead of absorbing the leak. They use gentle pressure to keep the milk in. I've never tried them but I've heard great things about them. I might get them this time if I'm really leaky.

Jenny, so sorry you're having a hard time with the baby. Hopefully the ped will have some advice than can help!

AFM, I was supposed to be induced last night but it didn't happen. L&D was too full and they bumped me to today. I'm just hanging out waiting for a phone call. I've been told it MIGHT be this afternoon, but sometime this evening looks more probable. And it could possibly get moved to tomorrow. I was super bummed out last ngiht and this morning but I feel better now. My parents are getting ready to come over for lunch (they're bringing food) and I think I'm going to make a cake. I'll probably eat most of today and other than that I'm just going to try to keep my house clean and spend some time with my girls, reading stories and coloring.

Hope we have some Earth Day babies. I was hoping to have one, and I still might, but I'm not counting on it. Have a good day, all!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
luckygreen713
Registered Users
seller

Melissa, eww, I'm sorry about your weather. That just stinks!!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Just checking in on you ladies! I've been reading the last few days but not posting much. Nursing is NOT going well over here and I'm just trying to focus on getting through. I am crying my way through every breastfeeding session and am at a bit of a loss as to what to do. It was similar with my son, but he was tongue tied and she is definitely not. My LC says she just has a small mouth and it should improve in a week... So I'm going to make it through the weekend and call her back on Monday if it's still misery.

Hoping some of you ladies have babies today! It sounds promising... well, except for you, Melissa! OH MY GOODNESS where did that snow come from???