Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #51
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was at a livestock auction and the person who was holding up the poultry. Covered in bird feces askedto hold my baby. I told her I don't letstrangers hold him. Can you imagine? She was a bio hazard!

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #52
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Strangers asking to hold baby?

angel0123 - Wow, I don't think anyone would question that decision!
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:27 PM   #53
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

It doesn't really bother me when strangers ask to hold my baby. Especially older people. They probably just really love babies and miss their younger days of parenting and grandparenting. If it will make someone smile then it's totally worth it. However, I don't usually pass her off. I will say that she has a hard time with strangers, but I will let the person get close enough to touch her arm or pat her head. People just love babies. I totally get it. Plus they come from a different generation. I'll be honest though. If some lone guy or younger woman asked me just out of the blue, I'd say no.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #54
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends. When I go visit my gma in the lodge all the little, old ladies flock as soon as they see DD. It's almost comical to see these sweet, old ladies stampeding (as fast as walkers, wheelchairs, and arthritic legs can stampede, that is...) over to ooh and aah and try and get the coveted 'hold the baby' spots, lol. In that situation it's usually pretty sweet and I know it really makes their day.

Random strangers - not so sweet. One time I was in the CS line at Walmart and the guy behind me (in his 30's) kept making googly eyes at DD - which was fine, pretty funny actually. Then he started going on about how long her legs were, how those legs would break some hearts some day, I better watch out with those legs! wtf, buddy?! Then he outstretched his arms to see if she'd come to him...luckily she squeeled a big 'NO!' because at that point I was totally creeped out!

eta: also, I think the dude must've been half blind or used to "Little People" ... DD is a little shorty with short legs, lol!
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #55
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
Shortly after my daughter was born, we attended a picnic at my husband's work. One of his coworkers asked to smell my daughter's head! I let him, it was fine. He said he loved the way babies smell.

A totally unknown stranger asking to hold my 0-6m baby, though? There would have to be extenuating circumstances I think.
I have had lots of people ask to smell my babies. People always say that they love the way that ebf babies smell. It's usually guys who want to smell them to so I think it's sweet.
No way I would let a stranger hold my baby though.
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #56
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haha...smell your baby? I've never had that one before! I have had ppl
say they love that baby smell, but never had someone ask to hold baby just to smell! Patent this ladies: sticker that smells like a little baby! Make your millions...
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #57
photomikey
Since there is reason to suspect that this user and CDMama12 are the same person and they have failed to repsond to pm's asking for clarification, both accounts are being banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylife View Post
say they love that baby smell, but never had someone ask to hold baby just to smell! Patent this ladies: sticker that smells like a little baby! Make your millions...
Baby-shaped air fresheners that hang from rear view mirrors?
Plug-in baby scent air freshners that activate when you walk in a room?
Cans of baby scent to keep under the bathroom sink? I can see the infomercial now... Go take an award winning #2 and when you walk out, people will comment, "WOW, smells like babies!"
photomikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #58
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it is a friend of a friend or older lady then yes. I am to fearful of younger women or men wanting to hold my babies because so many have been snatched. Old people just LOVE babies though
Old 04-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #59
krismark0
Registered Users
seller

It depends on the situation. The only time I can think of that I let someone was at a women's fair. I had been talking to a lady working a booth for a while and when I wanted to fill out a questionairre she asked to hold the baby to make it easier for me to write, so I let her.

I probably have other times, but certainly not just some random person that would walk up and ask. It would have to be in a situation where the "holder" was kind of captive and had little opportunity for "snatching".
krismark0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:36 AM   #60
allisonrose
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazylife View Post
My mom visited about a month or two ago. A week after she got home she pulled out a shirt she wore here and said it smelled like baby. If someone could chemically recreate that smell, I think there's a market.

I love milk breath, personally.
allisonrose is offline   Reply With Quote