Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #11
Mrs.Adams
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chaffing Between the Ladies ;)

Eeeee not fun...bless ya'll hearts....have you contacted the LLL?

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #12
WhereTheWildThingsLive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northknoxmomma View Post
Just noticed a itchy rash between my girls tonight , and I am betting it is yeast too. My biggest fear is that it will cause thrush.... does/can this happen?
Mama
I was concerned about it turning into thrush as well, but I started treating it fairly quickly and it clears up superfast. I think the key is treating it sooner rather than later
HTH Mama
Lots and lots of it doesn't evolve into thrush
Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #13
JoyBme01
Registered Users
seller

Signs and symptoms of thrush on your nipples or ductal yeast - burning or itching pain at the nipple, red raspberry appearing nipples or shiny, or flaky nipple skin. Discomfort usually worsens after the feeding. May have stabbing pains in the breasts. Of course be vigilant for signs of white patches in baby's mouth indicating thrush.

Joy RN, BSN, IBCLC, RLC, CPST
JoyBme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
WhereTheWildThingsLive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyBme01 View Post
Signs and symptoms of thrush on your nipples or ductal yeast - burning or itching pain at the nipple, red raspberry appearing nipples or shiny, or flaky nipple skin. Discomfort usually worsens after the feeding. May have stabbing pains in the breasts. Of course be vigilant for signs of white patches in baby's mouth indicating thrush.

Joy RN, BSN, IBCLC, RLC, CPST
TYSM for this Joy
So can a topical yeast infection (between the breasts, like I had) evolve into thrush? I guess if the yeast continues to spread from the original site it could, right
TIA! I'm just so glad I caught mine early enough; not fun at all
Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #15
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

It is definitely yeast ... I have been treating it with clotrimazole several times a day, upped my probiotics (and lo's), have exposed it to sun light, keeping it dry,and I am going to start vinegar rinses on my nipples, and have changed my diet. I am SOOOO scared of thrush so if anyone has any experience with it spreading, please share. I am going to call my ob to see if she recommends diflucan.

And I just noticed I got poison ivy yesterday I hope my 7week old doesn't get it!!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:06 PM   #16
WhereTheWildThingsLive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kerri
So not fun to heave to deal with
Hope it clears up superfast for you
I had a bit of a feeling today that DS had a bit of thrush on one side of his cheek. Anywho, took him to the Dr and he does in fact have it in his mouth I asked my Dr how he could have gotten it in his mouth if the yeast was isolated to between my breast She said that the tiniest little touch from DS and then him putting his hands in his mouth would have done it. So now he's on oral nystatin to clear it up. Stinkin yeast.....
Lots and lots of 's and even more 's to you Mama.

Last edited by WhereTheWildThingsLive; 05-09-2011 at 01:07 PM.
WhereTheWildThingsLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
northknoxmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereTheWildThingsLive View Post
Kerri
So not fun to heave to deal with
Hope it clears up superfast for you
I had a bit of a feeling today that DS had a bit of thrush on one side of his cheek. Anywho, took him to the Dr and he does in fact have it in his mouth I asked my Dr how he could have gotten it in his mouth if the yeast was isolated to between my breast She said that the tiniest little touch from DS and then him putting his hands in his mouth would have done it. So now he's on oral nystatin to clear it up. Stinkin yeast.....
Lots and lots of 's and even more 's to you Mama.
Ohhhh NOOOO!!! Well, I guess that answers my question about it it can happen So sorry!!!!! Did she recommend you starting prescription or just to continue with OTC stuff? Just out of curiosity, how old is your little guy? Hoping that you all get it before it gets bad
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #18
WhereTheWildThingsLive
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northknoxmomma View Post
Ohhhh NOOOO!!! Well, I guess that answers my question about it it can happen So sorry!!!!! Did she recommend you starting prescription or just to continue with OTC stuff? Just out of curiosity, how old is your little guy? Hoping that you all get it before it gets bad
He's just over 6 months, so now we have oral thrush going on which is making him cranky McCrankerson, annnnnnnnnnnd teething
She prescribed some oral Nystation, DH went out to pick up groceries and of course forgot the RX at home
I'm pretty sure it's spread to my nipples now, they are itchy and starting to look like they may be yeasty
One nice thing is that I can just put the oral Nystatin directly on my nipples and a bit in his mouth just before he nurses, so hopefully (fingers and toes crossed) it clears up fast.
But yeah, ummmmm, all I want to do right now is scratch my nipples, that's no fun
And now I have to treat all of my bras and nursing pads as well, again