Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Re: Our Family cloth (tolietpaper) set up w/pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarroll9494 View Post
Ditto!
although I am NOT going to discuss it with DH. I'm just going to do it. My dd has major use-too-much-TP issues!
This, haha. I switched when we moved in November & never brought it up. He has never even mentioned it, lol though I am certain he knows about it as dd demands real wipes and she knows to put them in the wet bag that hangs from the tp roll. My set up is not fancy. I have wipes in a disposable wipe box sitting on the back of the toilet and a wetbag hanging from the tp dispenser. That is IT. We can reach the sink from the toilet. Dp still uses tp but a roll easily lasts 3-4 weeks with how little we use.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #72
Beesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe since I live with 4 boys (well 3 that use the toilet) I don't find TP to be much of an issue. There is no way I could convince my dh to go for this, I think he would have me committed .

Kate, mama to
Miles (2.11.06), Levi (6.24.09) and Isaac (9.25.11)
Beesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #73
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesgirl View Post
Maybe since I live with 4 boys (well 3 that use the toilet) I don't find TP to be much of an issue. There is no way I could convince my dh to go for this, I think he would have me committed .
I pee every 20 minutes to an hour during the day yes, I constantly drink water and am pregnant. Tmi but I get chapped if I wipe with toilet paper too much, I would rather be comfortable
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #74
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Destiny View Post
Very cool to see, doesn't look as bad as it originally sounded to me!
Do you and the girls use it as TP for both #1 and #2? I'd LOVE to cut down on TP, my girls use huge wads everytime, and end up almost always clogging the toilet. DH is totally against using it, but I bet I could get the girls to use it. DS just PL'ed, so he's used to cloth wipes anyhow. DH might freak about it, though. Hmmmm...
For both. And its easy dh has switched now too fully we haven't bought tp in months wahooo idont spray wipes ether and me and dh wipes get wahed alon in a medium washsettingon hot with bleach the kids get washed with diapers my kids perfer it and with so many kids

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #75
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

This is ours, the green box on the toilet and the wetbag hanging from the tp dispenser - I can't even get dp to give up kleenex.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #76
jaxoncasemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is great!
I started cloth diapering about 1-2 months ago, I'm fixing to start mama cloths and looking into unpaper towels... I love the idea of family cloth but I doubt my fiance would do it. lol.
jaxoncasemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #77
jacksonsmom25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing that's awesome! I really need to get more organized with my stash!

We are a breastfeeding , part-time co-sleeping , baby wearing,
cloth diapering, trying to be 100 mile organic eating, loving family
jacksonsmom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #78
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am glad I found this thread!! I needed some motivation.

DS goes through LOTS of flushable wipes now that he is potty trained. I can't just use TP on him, because it doesn't get everything. And we go through SO many wipes, and flushable wipes are SO SO expensive!!

I'm going to make nice bathroom wipes and put them in a wipe warmer above the toilet. He LOVES warm wipes (though never had them in his diaper years), so he will love them. Plus I want to start using them myself. I get UTI's quite often, and really feel like I need a 'cleaner clean' than TP offers. DH can use the TP. Even cutting down on TP a little bit would be nice! He only buys the expensive Charmin Ultra Strong, and it's expensive!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #79
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily View Post
I am glad I found this thread!! I needed some motivation.

DS goes through LOTS of flushable wipes now that he is potty trained. I can't just use TP on him, because it doesn't get everything. And we go through SO many wipes, and flushable wipes are SO SO expensive!!

I'm going to make nice bathroom wipes and put them in a wipe warmer above the toilet. He LOVES warm wipes (though never had them in his diaper years), so he will love them. Plus I want to start using them myself. I get UTI's quite often, and really feel like I need a 'cleaner clean' than TP offers. DH can use the TP. Even cutting down on TP a little bit would be nice! He only buys the expensive Charmin Ultra Strong, and it's expensive!

im so glad this thread has helped a few mommas

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #80
magoose
Registered Users

I like how this thread keeps getting bumped up There's a show on this Canadian channel called "Marketplace" that investigates certain products and yesterday the show was on recycled TP and how it's really not any "greener" or environmentally friendly than regular TP. They also said how one person goes through, on average, 100 rolls of TP a year. One person!! That's a lot! Totally reaffirmed my decision to use family cloth