Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #81
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Re: Our Family cloth (tolietpaper) set up w/pics

Advertisement

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #82
kellyann6212003
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoose View Post
I like how this thread keeps getting bumped up There's a show on this Canadian channel called "Marketplace" that investigates certain products and yesterday the show was on recycled TP and how it's really not any "greener" or environmentally friendly than regular TP. They also said how one person goes through, on average, 100 rolls of TP a year. One person!! That's a lot! Totally reaffirmed my decision to use family cloth
i have noticed that with such a large family the septic system cant take the tp from 6 people so besides cost on actual tp theres more reasons to switch

Kayla 9, Alyssa 7, Hanna 6, Tyler 4 & Logan 2 & May 2014
kellyann6212003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #83
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I really love this idea but we live with my grandmother for now and I think she might croak if she got that surprise. She's been gracious with the diapers but I think FC would be too much. Can't wait to be on our feet again, this is so going to happen.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 AM   #84
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I could easily use family cloth. DH said he draws the line. Good idea to do both!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #85
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a ton of flannel. Looks like I may need to make a test run of FC!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #86
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoose View Post
I like how this thread keeps getting bumped up There's a show on this Canadian channel called "Marketplace" that investigates certain products and yesterday the show was on recycled TP and how it's really not any "greener" or environmentally friendly than regular TP. They also said how one person goes through, on average, 100 rolls of TP a year. One person!! That's a lot! Totally reaffirmed my decision to use family cloth
Yes I know I am quoting from 10 months ago.

I noticed what she was saying about quantity of TP used each year. We as a family of 4 would go through 1 double roll of TP a day. So 365 double rolls or 730 single rolls a year. Since switching to family cloth 6-8 months ago we have bought 1 package of 4 single rolls. Since we wash them with our diapers it hasn't cost us more to wash them.

I also had already acquired them in my search for the perfect for us baby wipe so have a variety of wipes. Our sink is right next to our toilet so I like to wet the cloth regardless. I feel cleaner. I have ours set up really simple. I have them stacked neatly on the back of the toilet and hang a wetbag on the door handle. On wash day I just turn the bag inside out into the washer. I rarely even see the wipes until they are once again clean and ready to be stacked.

My husband wasn't on board at first but caved when I reminded him how clean he felt when we splurged on the disposable wet wipes for the bathroom. Now he uses a combo. Whichever he is in the mood for. I do think it helps that our wash routine removes any stains. Even the messy ones from that time of the month come out of the wash stain free. If they were stained I think he might not be quite so accepting of them.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #87
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I forgot for visitors we try to always keep a roll up at all times though sometimes we do forget to replace the TP as it isn't used as often any more.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote