Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
shortstuff21313
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Military??

Question. I think we have a couple of military families on hear. My husband was in the service prior to being married and having kids, last year we decided he would be much happier returning to military life. He is leaving in June (change in MOS so new school training ect.). I just want some advice. I know it will be hard, the kids have never had him gone, I have never had him gone...sniff,sniff. I am also due while he is gone...so scared/nervouse about that too...I am reallt putting myself out here BTW, I not the type to admit I might be nervous/scared about something...any advice, encouragement, ect? Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Holli! wife to DH steve, mom to DD1 ella 12/04, DD2 Hayden 3/07, DD3 Addison 2/08, DS1 Joey 2/10, DS2 Johnny 8/11 Blessed to be expecting #6 in september 2013. animal mom to Bullet our 2yr old weimaraner.
shortstuff21313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Military??

What service is he going into? Depending on how intense or laid back the MOS school is, will depend on if he can come home for the birth of the baby, or after the birth of the baby. Is he going active duty or reserve? My kids have always dealt fine with deployments, but military life is all they've ever known. My husband deployed for the first time when I was 38 weeks pregnant with our daughter, and returned and met her when she was 7 months old. Then he was "home" until our son was 5 months old, and deployed again until a week shy of my son's 1st and daughter's 3rd birthday. I say "home", because while he was there for my son's birth, he had to fly across the country for a 3 week detachment in the middle of a desert just two weeks after he was born. And for over a year, his shift at work was 2:30 or 3:30 pm until 6:30 or 7:30 am. It's tough with little kids. They always adjust pretty well though. Any questions, I'd be happy to try answering : )
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
b15chik
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i don't have anything to add really as dh has never been in the military (was basically his dream but he has been disqualified due to his asthma) but i just wanted to say that it's so awesome you're standing behind him like that, especially with a little one on the way and so much going on in your life! i have so much respect for our military
Old 05-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #4
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b15chik View Post
i don't have anything to add really as dh has never been in the military (was basically his dream but he has been disqualified due to his asthma) but i just wanted to say that it's so awesome you're standing behind him like that, especially with a little one on the way and so much going on in your life! i have so much respect for our military
ditto that.

heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
shortstuff21313
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you ladies! We are excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time. I think now that it is getting closer It is really sinking it. Again thatnk you...over emotionalpreggo lady was crying reading your offers of a listening ear and support! Hugs to you all!!!
Holli! wife to DH steve, mom to DD1 ella 12/04, DD2 Hayden 3/07, DD3 Addison 2/08, DS1 Joey 2/10, DS2 Johnny 8/11 Blessed to be expecting #6 in september 2013. animal mom to Bullet our 2yr old weimaraner.
shortstuff21313 is offline   Reply With Quote