Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Job Search Prayers Please

Hi everyone... The short version is please pray for my husband's ongoing job search and my job stability. Scroll down if you want the long version.
------------------------------------------------------

Nearly 3 years ago, DH started working at a community college. He was an associate professor of a new program, which was 50% funded by a government grant for the first 3 years. In the meantime, the school changed administrators (president, dean, etc), and the new ones are not as supportive of the program, plus the school has gone through budget cuts because of the poor economy and state budget issues. Oh, and no one figured out where to get the extra 50% of DH's salary once the grant ran out.

DH's current dean's big plan is to switch him from faculty to staff with some adjunct classes... which would mean more time at work for less pay... and even that isn't in writing yet. He has applied for other jobs and had one promising interview so PLEASE pray for a job offer for him! The school where he interviewed is also really close to my job, so we could carpool in the HOV lane which would be wonderful. This is a really terrible time to sell a house, especially with a few foreclosures in our neighborhood, so we really need to stay put in our home for a few more years.

And my job... I went down to 4 days/week after maternity leave (my choice), and our workload has been small so we've had periodic layoffs (not my choice). I don't think my company can/would offer me 5 days/week again, but maybe I can ask if DH's situation doesn't improve... I just don't know. I do nursing bra conversions at home and sell Scentsy... am not making much at either one at this point, but it would be great if that would supplement our income instead of mostly breaking even. I really like only WOH 4 days/week so I have time with DS and for WAH stuff, but maybe working 5 days again is a possibility (and maybe not).

SO... all job-related prayers for our family are greatly appreciated! Our names are Sandy & Rob if you'd like to add real names to your prayer list.

Advertisement

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
momto4plus4
Registered Users
seller

Re: Job Search Prayers Please

Praying for you. I totally understand the job issues. It's a hard road.

FSOT:

Non-smoking, pet-friendly home!
momto4plus4 is offline   Reply With Quote