Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unique kids activities? Add some to my list!

Loving all of the ideas mamas!

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
AHIAMOM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Make goop out of cornstarch and water. It's so fun to play in and once dry very easy to clean up.

Oh and shaving cream on the table.
Earn money for your searches with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2my4kiddos
AHIAMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Paint cornstarch and water on windows and "glue" bits of paper or fabric to it.

Fill the kiddy pool with cornstarch packing peanuts and "swim". If you do it outside you don't have to clean up the bits as they will melt in the rain or sprinkler.

Fill kiddie pool or sand table with natural cat litter like the compressed newspaper bits (my favorite). It doesn't attract bugs like sand, no sand filled shoes, and is compostable if your kids end up getting it all over the yard.

I made this kid wash 2 off instructables. It was so easy and great for running under or keeping a slip and slide wet.

Find an old tent at a garage sale and play camping in the yard.

Make dandelion bouquets, race to see who can pick the most in 1 minute, or if they have long stems weave them into a flower crown.

Paint watercolors right onto the driveway. Also you can give kids a bit of water and a brush and have them "paint" on the deck or driveway.

Make an obstacle course across the room or yard. Use it to teach in/out/under/around/through. You could also tell the kids that the rug is a lake of lava (or something else you don't want to get caught in) and ask how we could get across. Use things from around the house to make stepping stones, bridges, etc.

Have bubble blowing contests to see who can make the biggest or longest lasting bubble. Mix a little dawn with corn syrup for super bubbles!

Make parachute guys with plastic bags, string/floss, and an action hero figure. If you don't have an action hero any weight like a metal washer would work. Just make sure all the srtings end up the same length for strait flight. Here is a great tutorial.
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume

Last edited by susansabrina; 04-26-2011 at 09:41 AM.
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #14
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anything to do with digging sand or rocks (well really digging anything) is a huge hit.

Drawing on windows - paint, marker, crayon - is a huge hit. In the summer I'll mix finger paint and dish soap and let the kids paint the outside of the sliding glass door. When the fun of painting is done I give them a bucket of water and a sponge and tell them to clean up their mess.

It doesn't take up a lot of time but my kids are having a blast watching it. We wet 2 papertowels - not sopping wet but more than damp - and put them in a sandwich bag. Put a bean seed in the middle of the bag on top of the paper towels. Seal the bag good with all the air squished out so the seed doesn't move. Tape the bag to a window and watch the seed grow. When the bean grows tall enough you open the top of the bag to let it out - at which time you need to make sure the paper towels don't dry out.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #15
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We also love to have family food fights with our pretend food - the felt or crochet ones! The kids LOVE to take off all of our couch cushions and build houses with them, use them as slides off the side of the couch, use them like a trampoline, or whatever else they can come up with. On sheet washing day we sometimes use the crib mattress (on the floor) to jump on also!

Keep the ideas coming!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #16
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bump for new ideas!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #17
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any suggestions, but I do LOVE the wooden nativity blocks in your avi and wanted to say I'm glad you have your etsy link on here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by made4munchkins View Post
What are some fun and maybe unusual activities you do with your toddler/preschool aged kids. We are always looking for new ideas! Here are a few things we like to do-

We like to paint in the bathtub. We use home-made pudding paint since the baby likes to play too. When they are done I just wash them and the tub off. Two in one fun!

While I cook I sometimes let the kids make "soup" at the counter with me. I give them a bowl of water and a spoon and usually a few of the ingredients I am using. They add some people and animals to it and have a ton of fun. I only do this on days I am feeling brave! The mess can be awful.

The kids love when I fill up a big container with dry beans or rice and hide "treasures" in it for them to find. It might be paper clips, toys or maybe a few jelly beans!

We like to wet sidewalk chalk - it looks more like paint that way and it so fun to use!

Today we filled up the kiddie pool (it was 86 degrees here!) - it turned into a mud bath! The kids had so much fun filling it with dirt, leaves and other randomness. Then they swam in it- yea we are gross like that- LOL.

Any one else have some ideas to share?

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
toys2teach
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
I don't have any suggestions, but I do LOVE the wooden nativity blocks in your avi and wanted to say I'm glad you have your etsy link on here!

Thanks so much. My kids love theirs so I am hoping to share that joy with other families!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #19
brennan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Check out Play at Home Mom! Awesome ideas, lots of messy ones!
http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #20
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

subbing
MsGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote