Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: When do they start checking your cervix?

My OB checks at 37 weeks. I personally was checked sooner just because I have a lot of pre labor contractions and they need to monitor was is productive and what is not. My pregnancies are weird like that though.

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My doctor has checked me (and stripped membranes last week...) at my last two appts, which were 37 and 38 weeks, but I asked him to check me both times. I'm going to ask tomorrow, too, just b/c I like to know if there's been any progress.

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #13
mama2cntrykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go in on Friday (35w5d) and I know my doc will do the strep test and check my cervix. I honestly don't expect anything to be happenin' down there as none of my other babes made progress at this point.
Wife to an adoring man. Homeschooling mama to: A sweet girly newbie (6/2011). We co-sleep, bf and babywear~Mama to 2 boys (12/00 & 2/03) & one pretty girl (5/06). Step mom to a new Army recruit. Leaving for training summer 2013.
mama2cntrykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

My doctor started checking at the 37 week appt. At my 38 week appt. on Friday I was 70% effaced and barely even dilated. Hopefully I have progressed over the weekend!! We will see.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #15
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't really want to be checked early. My MW did check when I had my GBS test (36 weeks I think) but I didn't realize she was going to. It doesn't really tell me anything about when my labor will begin and it's disappointing if it's not what I want to hear about progressing. Plus I had a uterine infection after my DS's birth and I'd like to reduce the possibility of that this time around.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #16
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

I just think for my sanity's sake, I need to hear that *something* is happening... even if they're just BS'ing me. <sigh> I know I'm not in the running for Mom of the Year for wanting to just have this baby like... yesterday, but so it goes. We'll see if they do it today or if they do it on Monday--or possibly neither.
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #17
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lindsey- Aw I'm sorry you're having a rough time lately. I bet you could ask them to check you if you really want to know. Hang in there!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #18
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:

Yeah, I could probably just ask, but part of me feels a little awkward asking someone to put their hands up in my business if they don't really think it's necessary... I'm just ready to have this baby. Some people love being pregnant, but I'm not one of them unfortunately. I love the baby at the end, and know that it's worth it and all--just ready to be done... Part of me hopes a little bit that my blood pressure is up (not dangerously high, just a little) and that they'll put me on bedrest again... and I know that I shouldn't want either of those things! My toddler has been a wreck the last few weeks, and we don't know why, so I'm sure that's not helping anything... Sorry for the mini-rant there... I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the kind words!
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #19
kimmy659
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't get checked until 40 weeks with a midwife... with my other 2 (both had OBs) they checked me at 36weeks and every week after that.

Also had GBS checked at 36 weeks with the first 2, done by OB, this time it was 37 weeks and I did it in the bathroom.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #20
princessizziesmommy
Registered Users

I just went for my 37 week appt but i am closer to 38 weeks now. They didnt check me. My OB with my first DD started checking me at 36 or 37 weeks. My new OB will not check until 40 unless i ask
princessizziesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote