Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05
well I think they do have a 22 lb version but I've never seen it in any store or IRL
The original Keyfit is 22...my SIL got burned on that when my nephew hit 24lbs at 3 months!! But now that you mention it, I think there is a newer Keyfit 30.

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Car Seats!

I checked online and they only sell 1 color/version of the 22 so I bet a lot of people don't go for that. When I was at BRU the other day they had 3 different colors and they were all the 30 model!

Mine only goes up to 22 so I hope baby doesn't grow that fast DS was HUGE though, I mean he was super duper fat and he was like 17 lbs at 4 months and slowed down a little bit from there. I only really care if it lasts until they can sit up on their own.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 PM   #13
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

We're going to use our flex-loc because we have it. Then we have a comfortsport and another convertible to last us until the baby needs a higher weight harness convertible or one with a bigger shell. However, OP, in your position I would definitely spring for a nicer convertible and ask around to borrow a bucket from a friend. They're not worth it for the short time you use it, IMO.
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.

Last edited by skolbut; 04-26-2011 at 05:17 PM.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
veveland
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread...but depending on your price range, this might be an option. I saw one at a demo-it's pretty cool. Not going to lie-if we had the money, this is on my wish list.

It has a stay-in-car base, reclines, and fits 5-100lbs.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...earchURL=false
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #15
Kales524
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We bought a Chicco Keyfit 30 at BRU. We have nastyyyyy weather (mostly rainy & usually cold) starting end of September until usually May (Heck we have a chance for SNOW on Thursday ) Plus I really love the convince of being able to let her sleep/shielding her from public germs/nasty weather etc.

If I was in your shoes, I'd see if I could borrow one from a friend or find a new one that's inexpensive. Maybe pairing a sale with a coupon or something?!

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #16
mom22sofar
Registered Users
seller
seller

we have a bucket that was kindly loaned to us by my SIL, and was only used for one child. Our older two are in marathon britax seats and dd has just transitioned to a radian, which we love, it is so streamlined and awesome. Since we will have four in car seats, dimensions are important.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

We will be putting the baby in our True Fit. Dd2 is riding in it right now, she will move to ds's Nautalis, and he will be getting a hbb. We only used the bucket for dd2 for about 3-4 weeks before we switched her to a convertible, so we won't be buying an infant seat this time.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

There is the Combi Shuttle 33 as well .

We ordered a TrueFit though. I honestly hate the buckets b/c its just so much to lug.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #19
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

DD (who is six months now) is going to a Myride 65, and baby will go to her FlexLoc (babytrend), which holds up to 30#. We LOVE it.

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #20
oh_virginia
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by skolbut View Post
We're going to use our flex-loc because we have it. Then we have a comfortsport and another convertible to last us until the baby needs a higher weight harness convertible or one with a bigger shell. However, OP, in your position I would definitely spring for a nicer convertible and ask around to borrow a bucket from a friend. They're not worth it for the short time you use it, IMO.
I WISH we could borrow a carseat from someone! We just moved here, and we don't know anyone.
Anyone know about shipping a carseat cross country? I have a safety 1st bucket seat sitting at my mom's house (not expired, I bought it and lent it to a friend because we weren't using it, and she returned it when her daughter out grew it) I'm just super leery about shipping it from Tennessee to Montana!
My DS is currently 17months, about 30lbs and ~34 or 35 inches tall- I may get *him* another seat and move the wee one to his myride lol. AGGGGH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veveland View Post
Sorry not trying to hijack the thread...but depending on your price range, this might be an option. I saw one at a demo-it's pretty cool. Not going to lie-if we had the money, this is on my wish list.

It has a stay-in-car base, reclines, and fits 5-100lbs.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...earchURL=false
THAT. IS. SO. COOL.
I wish we could afford that! OMG. I'm in love with it!
oh_virginia is offline   Reply With Quote