Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #21
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Car Seats!

We have our two oldest in Britax Marathons, but they don't have shoulder straps low enough to properly fit a newborn (these two were purchased after we were in an accident in late 2009, so I never had newborns in them), so we went hunting for a better-for-a-newborn convertable!

We decided to buy a Sunshine Kids Radian, not sure of the model quite yet. They have outstanding ratings and would be the only carseat we ever bought for him, so definitely worth the money! I've seen them go down to just over $200 on Amazon.com (note: free shipping and free return shipping if something weren't right)!

I am, however, a bit sad that we can't safely put him in a Britax convertable right away, because I've been lusting over the Cowmooflage cover for a few years now hehe

Advertisement

http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #22
oh_virginia
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustileigh View Post
I've been lusting over the Cowmooflage cover for a few years now hehe

I LOVE the Cowmooflage!!!! It's SO cute, lol.
oh_virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #23
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
We have our two oldest in Britax Marathons, but they don't have shoulder straps low enough to properly fit a newborn (these two were purchased after we were in an accident in late 2009, so I never had newborns in them), so we went hunting for a better-for-a-newborn convertable!

We decided to buy a Sunshine Kids Radian, not sure of the model quite yet. They have outstanding ratings and would be the only carseat we ever bought for him, so definitely worth the money! I've seen them go down to just over $200 on Amazon.com (note: free shipping and free return shipping if something weren't right)!

I am, however, a bit sad that we can't safely put him in a Britax convertable right away, because I've been lusting over the Cowmooflage cover for a few years now hehe
The ladies on the car seat board say that the new Britax seats (the 70 ones) will fit a newborn if you also purchase the infant insert. They have different height straps.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #24
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Yes you can get a newborn foam insert that goes under the cover for the new marathon 70s (or boulevard 70, etc), it's used up to 11 lbs.
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:47 AM   #25
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

We only used the bucket for 6 weeks-3 months. I was never a fan, so we gave it away. We will be starting #4 out in a Radian XTSL. I BW when we go shopping. One of the biggest reasons we didn't use the infant carrier is that there isn't enough room for an infant carrier, a big kid or two, and groceries in the cart. Besides that, we've seen the infant carriers flipped while riding on the carts several times.

When we go out to eat I either BW or let the LO lie on my crossed leg. I hate when people feel the need to come up and touch the baby, and that prevents that.
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:49 AM   #26
TNSearch
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

This is precisely why DS2 is getting the Cowmooflage Frontier! He wants it (and so do) so bad!!!!
Student. Loving wife to D. Mommy to my 3 boys H (12/20/2006), C (2/19/2008), & B (12/7/2009). AND, #4 due 8/31/2011!!
TNSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #27
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I have a Cowmoo Frontier and MA70, I wanted them forever and finally got them this year!!! I've been obsessed with cows since I was a kid

I wanted to get the Chaperone infant seat to match but #1 they wouldn't all fit in the back seat, and #2 the Chaperone base is so large that it would have more than 30 overhang on my seat and that's a no-no
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #28
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You gals just made my morning, my week, and potentially my year! haha

I will have to go check out the newer Britax models now! Baby Finn NEEEEEDS a cow print carseat, darnit! I mean, maybe, his Mommy does.
http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
kelseyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh_virginia View Post
Have you seen the Combi Coccoro? LOVE THEM! So cute, and so small. Just an idea haha. That's the one I've got my eye on, purely because it's so cute.
That is one that I am looking at. It is very narrow and if it comes down to buying a new infant seat that's probably the route we will go.
kelseyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #30
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We used a Chicco Keyfit (ours is 22lb limit) with DS1 and we'll use it again with DS2 as it is not expired and installed well in my car. We moved DS1 over to a convertable carseat around 6 months of age (around 18lbs), into a Radian XTSL and he's still RFing in that seat today at almost 16 months of age.

If you plan on having more babies, I'd suggest investing in an infant seat.