Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #21
lauraliebee
Registered Users

Re: August 2010 Babies- April/May Chat

Hi August mamas! It's been a while since I checked in over here. It's great to hear about how all the babies are doing. Congrats on the BFPs! We're just thinking about ttc again, but who knows how long that will take.

Violet is doing great at almost 10 months. She's pulling up and cruising everywhere, and has taken a few tentative steps on her own, but isn't quite ready to walk independently. It'll be soon, though. She just got her first tooth last week and is working on the second. She's starting to clap her hands - it is so cute!

We're starting to think about birthday plans, too. We'll probably just have a friends and family bbq here, though we might do it at our local swim area - there are picnic tables and grills, plus a playground for the kiddos.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2011, 03:17 PM   #22
Ladyinwaiting72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Is there an August10 (June) thread?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum App
Ladyinwaiting72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2010 Babies- April/May Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinwaiting72 View Post
Is there an August10 (June) thread?

Not yet, but I think I will just change the title on this thread since we all check in sporadically. That way if people haven't checked in on here for awhile they won't miss the older posts.

Welcome!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2010 Babies- Summer 2011 Chat

Hey everyone! I went ahead and made this a more general chat so we can keep it longer.

My DH was recently offered a teaching job in Arizona! He has had his credential for 3.5 years now but has never been able to find work here in California (besides being a substitute). He has been doing odd jobs here and there, truck driving, moving, etc... But it is never stable. We decided to expand our search to neighboring states and it paid off as he was hired! I am beyond excited as the cost of living is so much lower (I can rent a 4 bedroom house for the price I am paying here for a 2 bedroom apartment), and his pay is going to nearly double!

My only dilemma now is getting ex-h to let me move out of state with my older 3 kiddos. As some of you recall he and I do not get along well and I am just hoping he doesn't make it too difficult on me to move because I'd like to go at the same time as DH so DD1 can also start Kindergarten out there. Please pray for us!!! I am going to talk to him about it this weekend. It's only about 300 miles away, and I'm going to bring them back to see him every time DD1 is off from school for 4+ days, so it's not like he will never see them. Our family would be so much better off there it would be so great for us!!!

If all goes well we will move in about a month! I need to find a house, get DD1 enrolled in Kindergarten, find DD2 a pre-K program, and find a new midwife! Crazy!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #25
mamayogibear
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello everyone! I don't come to DS too often now that I've found MDC but since my ddc is on here I decided to check in. Logan will be ten months old tomorrow! He is all ready walking a little, six steps is his record. We haven't been doing the well baby checks since around three months but he will be getting weighted on Friday and I'll try to remember to post his stats. He eats and sleeps soo much still, we've been doing child lead weaning and he eats almost as much as his three year old sister! His favorite game is playing with his shadow on the wall or 'chasing' the shadows of leaves on the wall. I've been having a tough time with a 'real' job so in May I started working at home so I get to share my whole day with him it's so awesome. I really don't want to put him in a daycare until he is one if I can keep pulling this off for that long! I start nursing school to become an RN right after he turns one so he'll have to be in daycare then..
Oh REI, I know what you mean about teachers in CA my older sister has her credential but can't find any work aside from substitute at the local schools.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
TheQuirkyCat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi everyone! I haven't been around much, either. Life is busy with the new babies, eh? Glad to hear that things are going well.

Julie will be 11 months old in about a week (how did the time go by so quickly?) and she has just figured out how to crawl over the past few days. She had been so content to sit still, then slowly picked up rolling. Now that she's crawling she's suddenly into pulling herself up, so I think we'll have a walker in no time.

Her reflux is pretty much gone, too. She still spits up on the rare occasion, but for the most part she's outgrown it. She loves to eat, too!

For a long time I was sooo not interested in thinking about baby #3. I thought waiting until Julie is 2 or 3 would be fine. Yet, overnight, baby fever has come on! Funny thing is that this was about the time that I started pining for baby #2. Must be hormonal, or maybe the realization that your peanut is going to be a year old. I'm kinda jealous of the pregnant ladies here
TheQuirkyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #27
Ladyinwaiting72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Introducing myself. My Aug'10 baby was born on 8/3.

She's got two top n two bottom teeth.
She's standing from seated position (unassisted)
She's only taken 1-2 steps unassisted.
She's saying: "hello" at the sight of a new face and a phone, dada, and "uh oh" when she drops something. & num num when she wants food, & baba when she wants a bottle.

Just started cloth (part time) last week using GroBaby & GroVia covers.

Ladyinwaiting72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #28
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuirkyCat View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been around much, either. Life is busy with the new babies, eh? Glad to hear that things are going well.

Julie will be 11 months old in about a week (how did the time go by so quickly?) and she has just figured out how to crawl over the past few days. She had been so content to sit still, then slowly picked up rolling. Now that she's crawling she's suddenly into pulling herself up, so I think we'll have a walker in no time.

Her reflux is pretty much gone, too. She still spits up on the rare occasion, but for the most part she's outgrown it. She loves to eat, too!

For a long time I was sooo not interested in thinking about baby #3. I thought waiting until Julie is 2 or 3 would be fine. Yet, overnight, baby fever has come on! Funny thing is that this was about the time that I started pining for baby #2. Must be hormonal, or maybe the realization that your peanut is going to be a year old. I'm kinda jealous of the pregnant ladies here
I'm a little jealous too Not sure when SO will want to try for another baby though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyinwaiting72 View Post
Introducing myself. My Aug'10 baby was born on 8/3.

She's got two top n two bottom teeth.
She's standing from seated position (unassisted)
She's only taken 1-2 steps unassisted.
She's saying: "hello" at the sight of a new face and a phone, dada, and "uh oh" when she drops something. & num num when she wants food, & baba when she wants a bottle.

Just started cloth (part time) last week using GroBaby & GroVia covers.

Welcome!

Heather has been practicing standing this past week. I don't think she'll walk until she masters standing - Holly was the same way. She also gives kisses now, which are actually more like a big lick but it's so cute.
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2208 View Post
She also gives kisses now, which are actually more like a big lick but it's so cute.
That is cute. YDD has just started to point and grunt for things she wants. She will babble with consonants occasionally (just enough that I know she can) but doesn't do it very often and has no words at all yet. She is 11 months today.

She has been able to stand up from sitting unassisted for a long time now, and has taken 2-3 steps on her own several times over the last month. It is pretty much every day now I will see her at least once take a few steps on her own. Every day I think she must be going to start walking soon, but she doesn't... she still plops on her butt after those 2-3 steps. With ODD once she took a few steps it was just a week or two later she was full blown walking. Of course she was also almost 14 months old when that happened... It is going to be anticlimactic at this point when she finally does start walking since she has been dragging it out so long!
Old 07-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #30
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! Elias turned 1 last weekend. We had a little party for him and it was a nice fun family event. He isn't walking yet but has just started standing without holding onto things. He is also cruising furniture and such so I think it is only a matter of weeks. He is otherwise doing quite well. He doesn't seem to be behind at all considering his prematurity. He has lots of teeth, loves table food, and has recently been refusing the bottle so I think he is weaning himself.