Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #41
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: August 2010 Babies- Summer 2011 Chat

Hi ladies! It's been a while. Beekers is like the biggest trouble maker ever, I can't really take my eyes off of her for a second. All of the usual suspects attract her attention, light sockets, scissors, steak knives, anything under the sink... God I need to baby proof.

She has a mouth full of teeth and can stand but not walk yet. I think she's close, though. She turned one on July 20th and it caused some serious melancholy for me. I feel like she was just born and I really miss her being a sack of potatoes.

I AM NOT READY TO HAVE ANOTHER BABY. I just want to put that out there. We thought we would be by now, and had definitely planned to start trying around her first birthday. But I think I was traumatized or something. Pregnancy sucked, as did childbirth. And now that I am working again I feel like I am a single working mother. My husband works so much of the time we rarely see him. Why is it that when both parents work, the mother generally takes on the majority of the child raising? It's a ridiculously outdated expectation put on us and I'm exhausted most of the time. I just can't imagine adding another baby to this work load. However, when I do have another one, I will absolutely be doing things differently.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #42
lauraliebee
Registered Users

Hi Ladies!

Happy birthday to all our August babies!!! I love reading all the updates Violet started walking just after 10 months and is now running and climbing all over the place. We went to visit my family for a week and she loved the lack of baby gates - I spent the whole time chasing her around. She thought it was hilarious! She's not saying much yet beyond mama and dada but she sometimes says itty to mean kitty. (our cat is her favorite! thing!) She's sweet and funny and a total joy. I can't believe she'll be one in a couple of weeks.

I'm totally ready to get pregnant again but I don't think dh is quite there yet I'm hoping to begin ttc after her birthday
Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #43
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I hope my screen name change doesn't off-put anyone! It's still me!

Glad to hear from some of you ladies. Elias is 13 months old now and walks everywhere. He is getting some bumps and bruises here and there, too. Right now I am working on night weaning him because I am getting exhausted. He still eats every 3 hours at night!

Not much else going on here though. Happy Birthday to all the LOs who recently turned 1, and those who will be turning 1 in the next couple of weeks!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #44
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

Violet will be one tomorrow...I can't believe it. It's so cliche, but the year has really flown. My first one seemed to take FOREVER to get to one, this time, it zipped by. We had her party last Saturday...a vintage violet theme. This is a picture from her party. She is CRAZY about shoes...she tries to take everyone's shoes and put them on. She is the sweetest baby. She went from dark dark hair at birth to being a blondie. She is crawling, waving, 'talking' on the the phone, blowing kisses, etc. She's kind of lazy, and just does stuff in her own time. She's probably around 22 pounds. She's still amazing to me because a. she actually PLAYS with toys and b. she puts herself to sleep. It's made me realize how abnormal my first was, I guess! She is such a joy. I would love to have another, just one more. We'll see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2115.resized.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	75698
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #45
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kanga- She is such a cutie! I love her little chub rolls, she has them just like Elias. Happy birthday!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #46
mollypeters
Registered Users
seller
seller

hi ladies! all is good here. thaddeus turned a year on the 8th. he doesn't stand or walk alone yet, but he really tears it up in his walker and he scoots really fast (kinda funny to watch)

this pic is a few months old.he's much bigger now, nearly as big as my 3yodd
mollypeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #47
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope everyone is doing well.

Heather has been walking a lot more lately, but still prefers to crawl. She can stay "Stu" (MIL's dog), "Wow Wow" (Wow Wow Wubbzy), "bubble" & "bye-bye" now and can point to her belly, hair, feet, nose and hands. I think she has also been saying "mama". She has tantrums just like my 3yr-old. And when she cries, she's REALLY loud.
Emi Marie, 8.15.14

Last edited by 2208; 04-28-2012 at 08:46 AM.
2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #48
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kayla- She is adorable!

Elias is 14 months old today. It trips me out because my DS1 was 14 months old when Elias was born!

I am also now 30 weeks pregnant, another thing that trips me out because I was 30 weeks when my water broke with Elias! Hoping for at least another 7-8 weeks for this guy to bake and then Elias will be a big brother.

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 09-03-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #49
Ashsmama
Registered Users
seller

Hey all, I am on diaperswappers all the time but don't get to post as often. My daughter turned 1 on the 3rd of August. She started taking steps at 10 months then walking at 11 months now she is just all over the place! She can say a lot of words and she asks a lot of questions by saying, "what's that", she will keep saying that until you answer her! She is such a silly little girl and she always makes me laugh! She will be a big sister soon (jan. 1st is my due date)! We are having a boy and she likes to point at my belly and say, "brother". I just know she will be a great big sister! It makes me sad that she is growing up so fast though!
Ashsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #50
ElizasMommy606
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Figured i'd send a quick note--Aw, back in 2010, DD wasn't expected until 8/27 but she was born 8/10 and now a year later, she's walking, and we're still bf'ing. The 1st yr went by way too quick!