Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #11
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3cm dilated & 70%effaced help me start labor

Sex usually seems to work for me

Lots of people swear by nipple stim, but it never seems to work for me. I must not be doing it right.... lol

I also use EPO inserted vaginally from 37 weeks, I don't know how much it helps, but I think it does.

I know it's often suggested to take a nice warm bath and relax and focus on labor starting. This also never works for me, but I think my body just likes to contract and dilate over weeks no matter what.

Advertisement

Bowlingx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
newmom98118
Registered Users
seller

I was the same way...I went into labor about a half hour after climbing LOTS of stairs two at a time. My midwife said that the stairs motion levers the pelvis in such a way the baby can drop lower which can get things moving. You just have to take really big steps. Putting your leg up and down off a chair can work too. Just alternate legs. Good luck and congrats in advance!
newmom98118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #13
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope you don't mind me asking this, but is dilation and effacement a good indication that you are in the verge of going into labor? I am honestly just wondering. I never got checked with DS until around my due date so I didn't know what was going on until then. It seems like it would have made me very anxious to get labor going, even if he wasn't quite ready.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beci24 View Post
We did this the other night but I will try to convince my hubby to give it another try! Thanks
Really? TRY to convince him? I'm amazed he's not jumping at the chance!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
Really? TRY to convince him? I'm amazed he's not jumping at the chance!
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
soon2b4ofmyown
Registered Users
seller

I saw my nurse midwife on Tuesday and am 2cm and 50% effaced. She told me to drink Red Raspberry Leaf Tea three times a day, take Evening Primrose oil orally 3 times a day and one vaginally, lots of sex, and lots of breast stimulation. I'm having a hard time getting my husband to have the sex as well. It probably wouldn't have been a problem, but he went with my to my appointment and after the nm checked me her hand came out all bloody and now he's grossed out. Hope something works for both of us. I typically have large babies and have been having some minor blood pressure/protein in urine issues, so if I don't go by next Friday, I'm being induced. I hope to go on my own though as I've read induction contractions are a whole lot worse than having them on your own.
soon2b4ofmyown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #17
beci24
Registered Users
seller
seller

He is not big on sex at this stage in the Pregnancy. It just weirds him out too much. How do u do nipple stim? With your hands or pump? Thanks again
Old 04-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With Emery I did castor oil (mixed with orange juice), nipple stimulation (with my Medela pump- and saved the colostrum I pumped ), walked the neighborhood, sat and bounced on my birth ball, and sex.

After all that, she was born an hour later
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
GraniteFallsMamaof4
Registered Users
seller

With sex an orgasm helps to stimulate contractions as well. I know it's hard to think about at the this late stage, but that's what helped to jump start my labor with my youngest daughter. With nipple stimulation I'd go with the pump and I believe that you want 15 min 15 off for about an hour, give yourself a break and then try it again. I agree with the EPO, castor oil can work, soemtimes you have to take it twice. And you wanna be aware of the side effects, because it is a laxative. There's also another herb called black or blue cohosh that can help start labor. But make sure to let your care provider know what you're doing just in case anything goes wrong. Good luck! I'm going to be doing the same thing in about 3 weeks! Good luck!
GraniteFallsMamaof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #20
beci24
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ok so we had sex last night and I tried to take castor oil this morning but threw up Right after. I am walking in my house now with the hopes of getting outside to Do a nice long walk in a little while. I am still having ctx off and on but nothing I can time yet. Hopefully they will pick up at least enough to go into the hospital and have my water broken and get the show on the road. Thanks for your suggestions and I will try to let u know if anything happens.