Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

I need a belly mapping class.

Is anyone else a complete failure at belly mapping? I feel like no matter how hard I try I cannot tell how she's lying really or what part is what. Well that's not true - I'm fairly sure I keep getting a foot in my left side ribs, but other than that, nothing. By my calculations of what part is what this baby is like 27" long

I was pretty sure she was posterior and I've been doing the wacky "how to get your baby to move from posterior" stuff from spinning babies. I think she might have her back to my right now, but I think (from u/s) my placenta is on my right-ish. Maybe that's why it's hard to tell? How will I ever know if she turns?

Can you tell how your babe is lying? Why is it not obvious to me?

Advertisement

Bowlingx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need a belly mapping class.

I'm on my sixth. (from the July board.) I've never really been able to tell very well. I can guess, but am never positive.

I've been pretty sure for awhile that the hard round thing I always feel on my top right side is bum and that proved out at my ultrasound today. Yep, it was bum. LOL I can only ID the round, hard parts, and I'm never sure whether it's head or bum. I can often tell when she's running a hand or foot along the front, but that's temporary.
littlehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally agree... I keep feeling like this baby is transverse which is freaking me out. But I can't tell what *anything* is. I know I feel the baby stretching out and then a foot pokes out the right side and a huge round thing that must be the head presses out the left front of my belly making it totally crazy looking. I'm hoping it's the butt, but those would be some *really* long legs!!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #4
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

That's exactly what I keep thinking! If the bump I think is bum is bum then her legs are stretched out beyond ridiculous. I don't know, I give up. I thought it would get easier because I'm only 4'11" and have no torso, it's not like she has an excess of room to be moving around in at 37+ weeks you know?

I'll just keep praying she moves anterior before birth and lets me have another short labor, that's all I care about anyway lol
Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can sort of tell where the back is because it is hard all down one side of my belly while I feel kicks on the other side. Also when baby gets hiccups I can tell which side because they will be down by my hips on one side or the other. Usually, he or she hangs out on the right side but sometimes flips over to the left. I sort of thought it was normal for baby to be in different positions (right or left of posterior) before birth and that he or she will probably move when the time gets closer. I don't know though. I agree, I have had a lot of worries lately about baby being posterior though. Ouch!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehands
I've been pretty sure for awhile that the hard round thing I always feel on my top right side is bum and that proved out at my ultrasound today. Yep, it was bum. LOL I can only ID the round, hard parts, and I'm never sure whether it's head or bum. I can often tell when she's running a hand or foot along the front, but that's temporary.
This is all I know! I get the same little hard bum up in my ribs. Earlier in my pregnancy it was head but she recently turned head down so it's been a little hard butt now! And I can fell her hard back down the left side. She turns back and forth from each side but seems to prefer the left side because she's almost always over there when I try to feel for her...
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
anne1140
Registered Users
seller

I *think* he's ROP. Has been for quite some time. I really hope he moves before delivery. He's already dropped, so I don't know if that makes it harder for him to rotate or not. I'm going for no pain meds, so this worries me.

If you find a website or code with a good deal on Tots Bots Easy Fit, please PM me!
anne1140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

Anne I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm trying not to worry about it, stuff I have read says that a very good percentage of babies will rotate OA in labor, only like 5% stay OP.

I am having a hb and I usually have pretty fast labors. I am starting to get anxiety attacks over this labor being really long and exhausting. Not that I think I can't handle it, I just don't want to. AND I don't want her to be so badly positioned or engaged that I have to transfer.

This is my last baby and I just want everything to be perfect. Obviously I know it never works out exactly as you plan, but I'd like for it to not be horrible either.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:

Apparently I *really* need the mapping class because my mw came and said that the baby is head down and that it is the bum sticking out the front! She said this is definately *not* a small baby! She thinks it's probably over 6lbs. Relieved and surprised!!
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

lol Katie! I'm glad your little one is behaving!

My LO is still op, but I am holding out hope that she'll turn in labor, which won't be much longer now!