Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
May Flowers Chat Apr 28

Hey there Mamas,
It is another rainy day here. But I will take it over the snow any day. I am 38 weeks and 3 day today and still feeling relay good. It hope that it dose not last it makes me feel like I am going to go past my due date. Hope not.

I was on my way to take DS to preschool this morning and on the radio they where talking about pregnant mom, what not to say to them, and A new thing call a push present. It is where the dad get the new mom a present for having the baby. They where having caller call in and them them what they think of it. It got mixed feel, so I was wondering what do all of you mamas think of it?

Hope you all have a great day.

Advertisement

Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Flowers Chat Apr 28

Good morning!

Tiffany- Glad you are having rain instead of snow, finally. We are supposed to get some rain and thunderstorms and have a tornado watch today. I hope it misses us, I have an appointment at 1:30. I think a push present seems kind of silly... I think the baby is the present.

Hope you have a great day too!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My hubbie always gives me a little something after baby...Honestly I think that it makes him feel better about putting me thru something that long and painful. But I always enjoy it too
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
Bowlingx7
Registered Users
seller

We are getting a break from the rain right now too. I haven't even looked at the weather for today, I just don't want to know. I agree though, better than snow, and at least it's fairly warm out.

I am indifferent on a push present. DH and I don't buy each other many gifts ever, so I think it would be wierd for him to buy me one then. Seems like another excuse just to buy stuff you probably don't need. I don't think there's anything wrong with it though if someone chose to do it. To each their own.
Bowlingx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
mamamaggie
Registered Users
seller

Good morning.
I've sort of been out of the loop for a bit. Weather is supposed to be gorgeous today and then get cold and rainy tomorrow. I'm 38 weeks and 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced so I'm hoping things will move along soon. My pelvis feels like it is goin to fall apart at any minute.

Push presents aren't really new. The media just gave them a stupid name. My mother always talks about how her friends in the 70s always got a diamond for each baby from their husbands (she used to have really swanky friends) and all she got was this pewter thing of a duck and ducklings from my dad (he bought 4 ducklings and gave a new one with each baby, although she only ended up with three). Now she likes the ducks better and hates all her old friends. She says it's because she's older now, but I wouldn't want a diamond and I think it is really sweet my dad thought they were going to have 4 kids.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #6
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first I got a ring that I could wear in case I outgrew my wedding ring...one of the few presents he ever gave me. It actually fit my middle finger and I switched it back and forth between hands to remember which side I had started nursing on last feeding. I used it with my first four. I thought that was a really great gift!
Old 04-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I've never gotten a push present but to be honest, I think it is sort of strange. The only moms I know IRL that got these are moms that are very pushy themselves and basically told their husbands to get them something or went and shopped for themselves. I'd rather have a heart felt gift or nothing at all.

As for today, I have almost a whole day off which never happens. My daycare assistant has taken over for the day and I am getting some rest. Morning sickness came back big time and last night I have hours of really consistent contractions (3 to 4 minutes) probably due to my stomach being so upset and maybe being dehydrated. Feeling better now, thank goodness!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

Seeing as I get nothing for Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary or Valentine's Day I'm guessing my DH will skip the Push Present as well :P I do think I earned something extra special for delivering twins last time... that was really hard! I guess the baby is my gift

I lost part of my plug Tuesday night, and the rest yesterday (3 big globs, thinking that's all of it), and I also had the 'clearing out' that I have read about yesterday... so hoping for 24-48 hours til labor starts! I am 38+, so anytime is fine DH may go ahead and take off tomorrow even if baby isnt here, so we can go do something... or plant the rest of the bushes we got on Saturday. I got most of the plants in on Tuesday, but there are 5 bushes he will have to put in himself. I've ate pineapple and DTD... those are the only 2 induction things I think I could handle!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I forgot to say that this mornging I made 2 diaper pail liners, browned 4lbs of hamberger meat, made 2 little hair bows to match baby girls' outfits (need to hot glue the clips on), and made an angelfood cake! Not bad for it just now being noon!
Free Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think hubs is getting me a push present. I can't wait to see what it is. He's so sweet

I'm 38w1d today and so ready to meet this boy