Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Preparing your body for labor and birth with supplements

I keep reading questions from all sorts of mamas wanting to know about EPO and RRL tea and such. Those things are great and I highly recommend them. There is something else I swear by too that I wanted to share with everyone. "Dr Christopher's Birth-Prep Formula" is a mix of herbs you take for the last 6wk of pregnancy (or less just no sooner than that). I didn't know about it with #1 and my body did nothing to prepare itself for labor. I had to be induced at 42w2d. I wasn't dialated and they couldn't even find my cervix when I was admitted to L&D because it was so far up still. With #2 and #3 a freind had told me her midwife told her to take Dr Christopher's and she swore it helped her have a smoother faster labor. I tried it and was amazed. Both times I was super ripe and soft and 5+cm by the time I went into active labor. It was so much better and smoother and easier than my first. My body was ready and did exactly what it was supposed to do. I can't wait to start it again this time. It does give you more BH ctrx but I didn't mind because I knew that meant my body was working. It is very safe when taken as directed. I did drink RRL tea and use EPO with all 3 pregnancies. I can get this locally at my health food store but if you can't you can buy it here on Amazon or many other online stores. It is totally worth every penny. I reccomend any of you mamas who are planning/hoping for a natural vaginal birth to get it

Advertisement

Last edited by badhayrday; 04-28-2011 at 08:27 AM.
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
cdwelton
Registered Users
seller

Re: Preparing your body for labor and birth with supplements

I LOVE Dr Christopher. I'm 35 weeks right now and actually just started taking the birth prep. This is my first, but I'm confident that it will help You can buy it on his acutal website too.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have taken it w/ my last 8 pregnancies. I am very much in favor of it and will start tomorrow w/ this wee one.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
jeanalamae
Registered Users
seller

Location: We are in the Navy but we are moving to Monterey CA in august!

I have it coming in the mail!! It is my first and my midwife highly recommends it, I am glad to hear it from another momma!!! Thanks
jeanalamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
audreyh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Re: Preparing your body for labor and birth with supplements

What is EPO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhayrday View Post
I keep reading questions from all sorts of mamas wanting to know about EPO and RRL tea and such. Those things are great and I highly recommend them. There is something else I swear by too that I wanted to share with everyone. "Dr Christopher's Birth-Prep Formula" is a mix of herbs you take for the last 6wk of pregnancy (or less just no sooner than that). I didn't know about it with #1 and my body did nothing to prepare itself for labor. I had to be induced at 42w2d. I wasn't dialated and they couldn't even find my cervix when I was admitted to L&D because it was so far up still. With #2 and #3 a freind had told me her midwife told her to take Dr Christopher's and she swore it helped her have a smoother faster labor. I tried it and was amazed. Both times I was super ripe and soft and 5+cm by the time I went into active labor. It was so much better and smoother and easier than my first. My body was ready and did exactly what it was supposed to do. I can't wait to start it again this time. It does give you more BH ctrx but I didn't mind because I knew that meant my body was working. It is very safe when taken as directed. I did drink RRL tea and use EPO with all 3 pregnancies. I can get this locally at my health food store but if you can't you can buy it here on Amazon or many other online stores. It is totally worth every penny. I reccomend any of you mamas who are planning/hoping for a natural vaginal birth to get it
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EPO - evening primrose oil
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote