Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sleepers/PJs

So I forgot to get some of these and didn't get any at the shower. What do you guys put your newborn in to sleep in? I totally blanked on getting some of these and now need to order something! I have a half-finished crocheted cocoon that I'm working on but wasn't sure what the ideal is for sleepy time. Help!

ETA: I don't really want to go the full nighttime swaddling route. Not sure if that's something people do or not but I'm not into smashing their legs up for 8 hours.

Advertisement

Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.

Last edited by juliabell; 04-28-2011 at 12:14 PM.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
saxychic247
CAUTION! Not responding to issues! File with paypal if waiting on items!

My Mood:
Re: Sleepers/PJs

We just use a plain old cotton sleeper and a sleepsack usually. I'm not into swaddling overnight either, or at least not tight swaddling.
saxychic247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
jethrosmom
Registered
seller

I love the gowns for easy dipey changes and I wasn't into the whole swaddling idea at night but my LO is and he's the boss. So, if I want to sleep for more than two hours at a time, I swaddle him.
jethrosmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I completely agree with the other moms I usually use a onsie if it's hot or a little gown. I love.... The gowns! So easy... But remember some babies are picky and love to be swaddled. Others hate it. My dd did really seem to like it much so I never did it much. You'll just do whatever makes your baby comfy!
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:55 PM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I use a onesie because it stays pretty warm in our house in the spring and summer (no central air). Sometimes just a t-shirt and diaper.

I know you said you weren't planning to go this route but... I used a swaddle wrap. If DS was uncomfortable, he didn't seem to have any trouble getting his legs out of the swaddler. I agree, some babies really like having their legs confined a little (not tightly but in a sleep sack or swaddler). So you might want to have something just in case. You can use receiving blanket which is what our hospital does right away, but I always thought the blankets came undone easily so I liked the one with velcro - Kiddopotamus I think.

justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got some of those swaddle wrap things and some nice aden and anais muslin blankets. I plan to swaddle a bit but not all night all wrapped super tight.

These are great ideas and I'm sure I'll figure out what the LO wants once he's here!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
I got some of those swaddle wrap things and some nice aden and anais muslin blankets. I plan to swaddle a bit but not all night all wrapped super tight.

These are great ideas and I'm sure I'll figure out what the LO wants once he's here!
You're exactly right - I'm sure you'll figure out what your LO likes best once you start getting to know him!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Depending on how warm it is, a sleep n play or a onesie. Most of what my babies wear at first count as jammies AND clothes.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:44 PM   #9
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love the gerber zippered sleepers that come in 3 packs at any big box store. We also love the Carter's brand terry cloth snap sleepers. I we use waffle knit blankets by gerber to lightly swaddle.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #10
MommaBeach
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi We are big fans of using plain white long-sleeved t-shirts that snap in the front and putting a sleepsack over. You can unzip, change, and rezip in a jiffy! Or swaddle with t-shirt too?
MommaBeach is offline   Reply With Quote