Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Birth Story with pics!

I finally got this typed up.

Kinley Isaac was born on April 25th at 5:25 a.m. at 36 wks, 4 days. Weighing at 7 lbs 1.8 oz and 21" long.

Some of you who are on FB already know this background, but I typed it all up anyway for those who might now know. It's LONG!

Background: I'd been having lots of contractions since I hit about 31 weeks. After initial concern I might go into pre-term labor, my Dr seemed to be reassured that my constant contrax were "status quo" for me since I wasn't dilating at least not the first couple of weeks. She ordered an ultrasound as I approached 35 wks though to approximate baby's weight just in case I went into labor early. Well, this ultrasound at 34 wks, 6 days showed him to be a bit over 6 lbs so he was plenty big! But, it also showed that I had lots of fluid. In the upper range. So, I was ordered NST to be done 2X/week from that point forward to monitor him. I was also told this might be the reason for so many contrax. Apparently high fluid levels can do this. Another side effect of high fluid levels is amniotic fluid leaking. Well, the evening of Sat the 23rd, I had what I thought might be AF leaking. So, I checked myself in to L&D to be assessed. It was inconclusive, though I was already 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced, so I was sent home. Well, Sunday, it was much worse so either I was suddenly very incontinent or it was AF leaking. I spent Easter with my family and Mom who was out visiting and took a 1 hr afternoon nap and drove back up to L&D armed this time with soaked pads. It was determined pretty quickly that it was AF and I'd be staying to have the baby. At this point I'd been leaking for about 20 hrs so they didn't want me to go too much longer. So got to a delivery room by probably 7:00 p.m. Easter Sunday and was just monitored for contrax. They had been about 1 1/2 - 3 min apart this entire time, but were still of the BH kind, so not painful. By 10:30 p.m. they decided to start the pit. They upped the pit from that time until about 3:00 a.m. Easter Monday. Contrax were still not painful this entire time. Just "tight". Suddenly, I heard & felt a POP and immediately contrax got painful. The rest of my bags had broken The nurse stopped the pit and by 3:50 a.m. I asked for an epi. My first delivery went pretty quickly at this point and I didn't want to miss my epi opportunity by progressing too quickly;-). Got the epi at 4:10 when I was 5 cm and 80% effaced. I had a good 20 min before contrax started to become painful again. I knew I was nearing transition. I told the nurse and she checked me at 4:40 and I was 7 cm & 90% effaced at zero station. At this point baby's heart rate stared to decel quite a bit with each contraction. The nurse thought it was because he was descending so quickly and the cord might be getting squished a bit. Anyway, by 4:50, she checked me and I was 10 cm ready to push. She called my Dr (who had gone home around right before 3:00 a.m.) and told her to get back ASAP as I was ready to push NOW. She called in a Resident to deliver in case I couldn't hold back until my Dr returned. I really wanted my Dr to deliver so I was going to try to wait. With each contraction, I could feel his head going lower. I thought for sure it was going to just poke itself out without my help....this is what it felt like. Finally, 20 min later my Dr came running in and the nurses rushed to throw the gown, etc. on her. My Dr asked me to turn over (I was on my right side) and she took a look and then shouted for me not to push....or even move as he was crowning already and they needed another minute to get the end of the bed taken down and she didn't have her mask/gloves on yet. Anyway, it took about a minute or two (my nurse later told me it was no longer than a minute) to push him out. So Kinley Isaac was born at 5:25 a.m. He was 7 lbs 1.8 oz and 21 in long! Great size for 36 1/2 wks! AND NO tearing!! As of today, I feel great. The only pain I currently have is from my boobs being full...LOL...

Here are some pics!

Advertisement

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict

Last edited by mama21; 04-28-2011 at 05:43 PM.
mama21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Birth Story with pics!

Awwww so cute! Look at that little guy. He's totally adorable. Great story and glad to hear you and the babe are all happy and healthy!
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! He's adorable! Thanks for sharing your birth story!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Salidwyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Very cute!! I'm glad everything went so smoothly! Congrats mama!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow Michele he is beautiful Congrats and I'm glad your birth went well and he is big and healthy!!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
jenndoxx
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awww he's precious!

Jenn
Mom to two little boys
jenndoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

congrats! he is adorable.

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

he's beautiful!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
steph_mommy2olivia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so adorable and I love that owl onesie too!
Old 04-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
bluecandy
Registered Users

My Mood:

congrats on the beautiful baby!!
bluecandy is offline   Reply With Quote