Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Aleesh_Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
our birth story--long!

Thursday night dh and I decided it would be our mission to have a baby, so I started walking that night at his soccer game. I paced up and down the sidelines for an hour. The next day I asked my midwife to "aggressively check me" and she said I was dialated to a 3, but still thick and baby was high. She asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes and I said of course!

After the appointment I took my little ones to an outdoor mall and we walked for about three hours, stopping for lunch and to visit a cupcake store and build a bear. . I'd been having strong contractions since 30ish weeks, so they just continued as usual-not stronger or more frequent. (anywhere from 10 minutes to two hours apart)

The next morning dh and I dtd, then went to our friend's house for a family Easter brunch. We got there at 10:30, and I chatted and ate for the next few hours. At 3:30 I was chatting with another pregnant lady and everytime I laughed I felt a little trickle. I thought it was just regular discharge, but it seemed like a lot. I grabbed dh and had him come to the bathroom with me. We ruled out that possibility, but as soon as I started walking out of the bathroom I felt it gush a little more and knew for certain my water had broken. I had him go out to the car and grab a Depends for me so that I could make it through the rest of our activities.

We were heading to my daughter's ballet performance of Cinderella, so we swung by the house and picked up our bags for the birth center. We took our seats at 4:45, the performance started at 5, and as soon as the lights went down my contractions started. My son (2) wanted to sit in my lap and I started to get emotional thinking that it was the last time I was going to cuddle with him as 'the baby'. Ctx 10 minutes apart until intermission when they started getting closer until finally at the end of the show, 7pm, they were 6 min apart and uncomfortable.

We headed to the birth center and got settled in around 8:15. I was at a 6 and feeling great. At 9 I got into the pool and they got very close together and more painful. Dh was an AMAZING coach and contorted himself around the birth pool to accommodate my positions in labor. I kept joking with dh in between ctx and at one point told him to double check the vasectomy took asap because we weren't doing it again!

At 10:15 I started floating on my back and my body once again took over pushing. As my body was pushing i could feel the baby kicking me up under my ribs and i remember asking baby why she was coming out and kicking at the same time! Unfortunately the midwife had stepped out of the room. Dh and I were laboring so well together that no one had any idea that I had transitioned and was ready to push! My daughter ran out to grab her, and two pushes later, Liv was born!

As soon as her head broke the water, she started crying and I pulled her up to my chest to see her. The cord was wrapped around her torso, but everything about her was perfect. I remember crying and saying how much I loved her already.

Unfortunately I did get a pretty knarly tear and ended up with 14 perineal stitches and 4 labial stitches. Other than those (ouch!) I'm feeling great. She's nursing and sleeping well and everyone in the family is pitching in to help. Dh is so in love with her and her smaller siblings (2, and 4) love to kiss her and exclaim how cute she is.

Perfectly content to never do that again, but she is so worth it!!!

Advertisement

Aleesh_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Nikki*lala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: our birth story--long!

great story!! thanks for sharing and congratulations!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Mommamassey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad every thing went so well for you. Congrats!!!
Tiffany, Married to DH Bob in May of 2006 , Lucky SAHM to Carter October 2006, Genevieve July 2008, & Mallory May 2011, ^^Corban December 2, 2013^^ I miss you sweet angel boy. April 19 is CDH awareness day.

We are a CDing, BFing, Fun loving family.
Mommamassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
mama21
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a great story! Congratulations!

Bikram yoga lover and CD addict
mama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

great story, congrats mama!!!
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:36 AM   #6
E.B.2672
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations!!
E.B.2672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congratulations! How exciting that her siblings love her so much!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #8
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

So sweet Congrats and I'm glad everything went so well!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww, great story - except for the tear. OWIE.......CONGRATULATIONS, MAMA!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #10
Mommy2Zara
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congratulations!