Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone going to do an early gender u/s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally's Red Meadow View Post
Try doing an advanced edit and see if you can take it out.
Nope. Wierd. *shrug*

Advertisement

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know some one who supposedly with how the placenta is placed, could tell the sex of the baby with the first transvaginal ultrasound (like 8 weeks) with a 93% success rate. again, not 100% but I thought it was interesting.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So there are a few kinds of ways of guessing gender depending on US age.

At 6-8 weeks there is ramzi's theory. I'm not good at explaining but you could google. Basically they try to figure out where the chronic vili start out, kinda where the baby attaches to. As the baby gets bigger it can move with placenta so you can't tell as much. Obviously not 100% but if chronic vili(sp?) is to the left it means girl, right it means boy. Top or sac can lean girl(esp if top left), bottom leans boy. Also depends on where you can see the placenta forming at this early stage. There is a lady on another board who guesses and does pretty good, but not 100% as it's best with a color US so you can see the blood flow to the CV. After 8 weeks it's harder to guess as baby floats and things have already moved around. I have a 8wk 3day scan which I'll have to ask about and to me looks like baby is attached on top, but I have no idea how to figure out placenta placement.

Then at the NT scan there is the nub theory. So as pp mentioned, at this age 12-13 weeks it looks like they are all boys. But the boys point at an angle(45 degree), wheras the girls point straight out (90 degree). To me, this one can be hard to guess as it depends if baby is laying with curved back etc as this can change the angle.

I have heard on the same board to NOT get any US at 14 weeks for guessing as this is the WORST week and can be very confusing as to which gender.Actually there is a US tech who guesses at peoples pics so at least a teeny bit of expertise! So if anyone is thinking about it, I would wait til at least 15 weeks. Personally I'll hang out til my 18/19 week US and if for some reason I can't see gender, then I would consider a 3D place. I'm not a fan of 3D pics but it would drive me crazy if I didn't know! Luckily all my boys have co-operated previously.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #14
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh the ramzi theory is also hard to guess as you need to know which side of your body the US correalates to. Most transvaginal scans are usually not flipped, but hard to tell with the ab ones unless your tech specified.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #15
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I was 15 weeks at my early gender u's with dd. It was fun! And only $59. I'm hoping I'll have the money for it this time, but if not, oh well! I'll live hehe
Old 04-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
MommaPierce
Registered Users
seller

Location: Born and raised in sunny Florida, currently in Ft Lewis Wa, forever wherever the army sends us....
My Mood:

We went to a 3d place (but just had a regular US, so no crazy pics) with Dd and I found out at 16 weeks. BUT, I feared during the next 4 weeks until I got my anatomy scan that they were going to tell me that it was actually a boy. So... I think I could have waited it out, since I kept second guessing anyways.

As for this one, if it is in fact twins, I have to know. LOL! So we will definitely go if so. If it isnt twins, then I will probably wait it out until the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. For twins, I feel like I need more time to plan, which means that extra 4 weeks will make a big difference in my buying time lol!

Nathan Conner 11/17/11 9 pounds 5 ounces 22 inches long
Hayden Taylor 08/23/09 8 pounds 15 ounces 22 1/2 inches long

And... my family is complete!
MommaPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I'm thinking about it, but will probably wait until 18+ weeks.

Just a word of caution, I had a 3d/4d one done at 16 weeks last time and they told me I was having a girl. I thought that I was having a girl for 2 months until I finally got my anatomy scan at 24 weeks and it was very obviously a boy!!!

ETA: It also only costs about $50 for a gender reveal or sneak peak. The more expensive packages for videos, CDs, and tons of pics can cost hundreds.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*

Last edited by AcrossTheUniverse; 04-30-2011 at 03:02 PM.
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At 12 wks baby has a nub. And it's the angle of the dangle. Had a nub shot at 12 wks and in gender they guesses right.

Not convinced on ramzis theory. But according to that it's boy 4/4 for me.

It doesn't really matter to me so I will find out at 19-20 wks.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:27 PM   #19
kandbcase
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If this were another pregnancy, maybe. But, as it is I'm going to try to wait til DH is home (at about 24 wks) to find out the gender. Probably do the regular u/s at 20 wks & have the tech write down the gender. Then when DH gets home we'll talk about doing a 3d one. I feel bad not getting to share everything with DH.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope, we're team green all the way (although DH keeps trying to wheedle me into finding out earlier, or just him finding out). Even if we were getting an u/s, though, I wouldn't pay for one when our insurance covers the regular one......I guess I'm too cheap, too.