Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #31
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Re: January 2012!!

I'm cautiously joining... I am 14 DPO and just got a positive on the digital test this morning, after days of faint BFPs on internet cheapie tests. My EDD is 1/15/12 if you calculate from the first day of my last period, or 1/14/12 if you calculate from my ovulation date - but I know the dr's will use LMP so we'll say 1/15/12.

I had/have infertility and it took me 17 cycles to conceive my now 3.5-year-old DD. The med that finally did it for me was Prometrium. We have sort of been TTC for a year - it was not a great time to conceive for us, but we figured I wouldn't get pregnant without my meds. This cycle was my first on Prometrium and I got my BFP.

I will be calling Monday to make a dr's appt... and actually, first I have to decide where I want to go, because I am high risk for a clotting disorder and I would love a doctor that specializes in that. I found one at a hospital that is about an hour away (Northwestern), so I need to decide if it's worth the drive to deliver at a top-notch hospital and see a doctor who knows about my condition verses stay close and see the podunky doctors around here Last time, I delivered at University of Chicago, and it wasn't AWFUL, but I don't want to go back there.

Anyway, I am rambling, sorry We are not telling people till we see a heartbeat - which last time was at 6 weeks, this time it might be later depending on when they can get me in.

No symptoms yet aside from some cramping that I remember having at around this time w/ DD. I had debilitating morning sickness in my 1st pregnancy, which started around 5.5 weeks pregnant, so I guess now I should enjoy my last couple weeks of being able to eat whatever I want without gagging.

I am still feeling surreal and cautious, and a close family member went through an early m/c a couple of months ago, so I am feeling extra paranoid about that. I am hoping and praying so hard that this little miracle sticks!

Whew - sorry so long! I just can't talk to anyone except DH about this stuff IRL, and honestly I haven't talked to him about it too much because he's been working a lot, and I feel like if I talk about it too much I might jinx it somehow.

Congrats to all of you!!! Looking forward to getting to know you

Advertisement

sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations Sarah! You just made my daughter's tutu for her birthday this past week so it's fun to see you here too! I wish you the best and easiest pregnancy.

Today is my daughter's birthday party. Thankfully it will be small and immediate family but other than my mom, we aren't telling anyone. It should be interesting since I'm feeling very nauseous today, woke up with no voice and feel like I'm about to fall over.
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #33
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post
Congratulations Sarah! You just made my daughter's tutu for her birthday this past week so it's fun to see you here too! I wish you the best and easiest pregnancy.

Today is my daughter's birthday party. Thankfully it will be small and immediate family but other than my mom, we aren't telling anyone. It should be interesting since I'm feeling very nauseous today, woke up with no voice and feel like I'm about to fall over.
Too funny! I didn't realize you were on DS! I think I saw your username earlier in the thread? but I didn't put 2 and 2 together!

This is going to be a hard weekend for us to stay quiet. My mom and stepdad are coming up tonight, and we are having a big Mother's Day shindig w/ DH's family tomorrow. I am going to try to keep it a secret until I see a heartbeat on u/s - then I'm going to have Kaysie make a shirt for DD that says "I'm going to be a BIG SISTER - 1/15/12" and wear that to the next get-together. IF I can get DH to not blab the news between now and then... he has kinda a big mouth lol

Wow, nausea already? That stinks! Did you have morning sickness with your previous pregnancies? I had it REALLY bad, all 9 months, with DD. For me, it started at about 5.5 weeks so not looking forward to that one bit. It will be tougher if I get it this time around because I now have a 3-year-old to chase around... last time, I just got to lay in bed all day on the really bad days.

Happy, happy birthday to Ashlyn!!!

Last edited by sasra_nu; 05-07-2011 at 11:20 AM.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #34
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasra_nu View Post
Too funny! I didn't realize you were on DS! I think I saw your username earlier in the thread? but I didn't put 2 and 2 together!

This is going to be a hard weekend for us to stay quiet. My mom and stepdad are coming up tonight, and we are having a big Mother's Day shindig w/ DH's family tomorrow. I am going to try to keep it a secret until I see a heartbeat on u/s - then I'm going to have Kaysie make a shirt for DD that says "I'm going to be a BIG SISTER - 1/15/12" and wear that to the next get-together. IF I can get DH to not blab the news between now and then... he has kinda a big mouth lol

Wow, nausea already? That stinks! Did you have morning sickness with your previous pregnancies? I had it REALLY bad, all 9 months, with DD. For me, it started at about 5.5 weeks so not looking forward to that one bit. It will be tougher if I get it this time around because I now have a 3-year-old to chase around... last time, I just got to lay in bed all day on the really bad days.

Happy, happy birthday to Ashlyn!!!
I used to be really active on ds (and had a wahm knitting business) but I got away from it after ds was born and spent more time on ravelry and some on hc. I came back recently when a previous customer sent me a message asking me to do some custom work for her and decided to join the pregnancy board. I just got my bfp yesterday.

My parents know and are excited. We weren't going to tell dh's family but we are having a hard time not telling the kids so we decided to share tonight after the party. Dh signed his mom's mother's day card with our names, the kids names, and ? We will see if the catch on, lol. I'm not expecting a great reaction from them but we will see.

And yes, I have had morning sickness with all of mine. My youngest was the worst of the 3 (zofran and a couple hospital visits for dehydration). I always start getting it extremely early too. I was having morning sickness with Austin before my blood test even came back positive. My ob said that early is rare but it happens occasionally. I'm hoping this baby is very mild but it's starting off with a vengence. I have been feeling queasy and gagging all day. Yuck
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #35
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:

so-cautiously here-we were tta but had a bfp-dbf is in denial and wants to wait until next weekend to confirm with another test-idk-but from my last cycle my due date would be 1/9-my dd's bday-we aren't telling anyone yet-trying to stay calm and figure it all out-I know it will work out-its just taking some time to wrap my head around this-not trying to be a downer-just in shock -but I know ds mamas are a great place for support!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #36
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

I'll join in! I am due Jan. 1. Not planned at all, but I am excited about having another little one. I found out right away, and already had my first prenatal appt. with the exam, blood work, etc. They think I am farther along than I know I am because I know my body...my period was erratic because I was ON birth control!!! but I could tell as soon as implantation started, I was the same way with the first, I just could tell.
Anyways, I go for my ultra sound the 27th to determine the real dd, but my calculation puts me for a New Years baby. I will be around here more often again and would be happy to join a dd forum

We are not telling anyone yet, other than my mom and best friend, because it's so early and there are other things to deal with first...but we are both excited and happy to be starting this journey again, together. I am letting it out here, but only because I don't know anyone on here that knows us irl hehe.

Congrats to all the expecting mamas!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #37
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas! Well, got a BFP this morning, despite having been spotting for 2 days and actually expecting AF instead. So, I am feeling very cautiously here. We've been TTC for about 5 months, so I desperately want this bean to stick. But we won't be telling anyone for awhile. . .we waiting till after the first tri. with my son too and I didn't have any spotting that time or reason to think anything would go wrong. I guess we are just private that way. But of course I love having all of you to gab with!!! Can't wait to get to know you all!

Oh and I am 10dpo today and my EDD is Jan 20th.

Sorry for the downer question, but what's the cut-off for a chemical?

Last edited by kismetbaby; 05-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #38
travisandjill
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm joining in too. Got a BFP very unexpectedly today. My youngest Dc is 18 months old so I wasn't anticipating this so soon! But we are pretty happy and this will be our 4th child! My second one who will be cd'd from the start. My edd is 12/14!!
travisandjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #39
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisandjill View Post
I'm joining in too. Got a BFP very unexpectedly today. My youngest Dc is 18 months old so I wasn't anticipating this so soon! But we are pretty happy and this will be our 4th child! My second one who will be cd'd from the start. My edd is 12/14!!
My DD is 18 months too!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #40
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 19m! I'm having nervous moments about having a newborn and a 2yo. . .but it will be nice to have company in this journey!